Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 418869 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #600 on: December 23, 2010, 10:32:24 am »
I guess since we raise beef cattle and apparently now donkeys that my mind went right to livestock ...

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Keri

« Reply #601 on: January 04, 2011, 11:33:37 pm »
i guess none of us have done anything for what, two weeks??!!!! time to move.
here's what i need to do now and tomorrow - i need accountability. now - go do push ups and sit ups (yuck.....)!!!
tomorrow - i've got to run. got to, got to. no excuses.

patrick - how's your training going? we want to hear! you are about to be in taper mode soon, i think. that is a wonderful time!

anyone else?

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jill Marie

« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:56 am »
Hi Keri,  Been away from the forum but not from the food.  I didn't eat to many sweets during the Holiday but I'm wearing about 3 pounds of party mix. I kept riding the bike at the club all of December but I wasn't riding enough to keep off the weight.  Our youngest son is headed to Texas next Monday so I will start working out longer at the club then.  I worked out really hard last Wednesday as we got 8 inches of snow while I was at work, shoveled for 1 1/2 hours.  Just remember the first step to getting back to exercising is the hardest, make that first step today and the rest will come easier.  Jill 8)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:24:56 pm by Jill Marie »
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Kaybo

« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2011, 06:37:54 am »
I actually went to the gym yesterday to find out about joining...Dave and are supposed to go together tomorrow (her works from home 3 days/week).  We both got new shoes that they "fitted" to us and we are ready to go.  I have gained SO MUCH WEIGHT since this move (who am I kidding? it started BEFORE the move) and I just disgust myself!!  I may at leat try to get out & walk today.  I'll let you know later...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #604 on: January 05, 2011, 07:18:30 am »
Yeah Kay!  You have been under a lot of stress before, during, and since your move so do not be so hard on yourself ...... but now it is probably time to get back on a regular exercise program.

I am really feeling the effects of not exercising regularly for two weeks ...... unless chasing three grandkids around counts (but that was coupled with exhaustion!).  Back to the gym today!!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2011, 08:25:55 am »

I gained  little, but not enough to make me want to go out in dreary weather to get my exercise ;).  I am listening to Outlander on my mp3 player, so I really need to walk about a million miles in order to get this book finished!  There's my motivation. The alternative is listening to it while I clean house...and I would rather walk than clean.
 ;D ;D ;D

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

texsooner

« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2011, 09:05:35 am »
Keri, marathon training is still going for me. This will be my last tough (well, tough for me) week of training, capped off with a 20 mile run this weekend....then I start the taper until race day. I'm praying for cool and dry weather on race day (Jan 30th).

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2011, 09:53:30 am »
I've started my second Body for Life challenge this week. During the first challenge I lost 9 pounds and 6.5 inches, as well as lowering my body fat percent by 4 points. Not a huge change, but all for the better. My goals for this challenge is another 5 pounds and lowering body fat even more.

Hey good luck to all the marathon trainers in your upcoming runs.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Keri

« Reply #608 on: January 05, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »
wow, sara, that's great and you're the reason i'm trying to do pushups and sit ups regularly. the sit ups are killing me, and so far i'm only doing girly pushups. but all that strengthening should help me progress from a really slow runner to a slow runner!

kay, don't feel down on yourself. you're a busy gal, and we'll help you get started (hardest part, like jill said).

welcome back, everyone! patrick... i SO hope that you have good weather. it makes all he difference in the world. but i'm sure you know that after your monsoon bike ride last year!

okay... the sun is setting and i'm STILL putting off running. i'm gone.... i will hang my head in shame and not show my face around here if i don't go run NOW.
bye
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cindyj

« Reply #609 on: January 05, 2011, 06:04:01 pm »
Did four miles in the rain today with my three training buddies...we got way behind on the training for the 1/2 over the holidays, so we had to go out today despite the weather.  Only six weeks to go, so not good to miss right now...

Thanks for touching base with us, Keri, and getting us going again!  Did you get your run in?

Priscilla, which Outlander are you listening to?  I read them all, but have heard the recorded version is very good!

Good to hear from all of you guys - let's start this new year out right...and keep it going well into '11!  New season of Biggest Loser started last night - if they can do it, we can too!

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #610 on: January 05, 2011, 07:46:45 pm »
Have fallen off the wagon again.

So much for New Year's Resolutions.

Hope to get back into my routine VERY soon.

Motivation, please . . .

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:44 pm »
Jan, routines trump resolutions any day of the week. You don't need no stinkin' wagon neither; you can get wherever you need to go on your own two feet. So lace up your Nikes and just do it.

(How's that for motivation?)

Sara
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:01:45 pm by saralynn143 »
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #612 on: January 05, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »
didn't go walk...too lonley and depressed...it is no fun alone...

WILL go join gym with Dave tomorrow...& work out - even though it won't be much of a work out since I am SO OUT OF SHAPE (literally!)!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Keri

« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »
you can do it, kay! you'll feel better once you go to the gym. and then you'll feel sore a day or two later but then you'll go do it again!  remember that thing you put on facebook about exercise and the brain!!

jan jan!! glad you're back. you really helped inspire me last year because i admired how you'd get really busy, or life would get tough or both and you'd have a difficult time finding time to exercise but then you'd get back into it instead of quitting and that really helps the rest of us too!

cindy - good for you and the four miles. you doubled my efforts, and i had nice weather! yes, i did go run finally!

clarice - hope you can get back into your routine too!

and jill will start yelling at us soon!

like priscilla, i've thought about listening to a book too, but haven't done that yet.  maybe that would get me more motivated at times.

sara, as always, you're doing great.    now i have to go do my push ups and sit ups (where is the face that looks like it's about to take yucky medicine!?)
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #614 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:42 am »
On the way to the gym...
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!