Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 420987 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2010, 09:28:43 pm »
Hope to be in prime shape by the time the 2011 ANA Symposium rolls around, in case I decide to attend.

Jan

IN CASE??? I thought you were going to be there for sure.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Cheryl R

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2010, 10:13:48 pm »
You can't miss coming to Cinncinnati!           Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

texsooner

« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
You guys are all doing great. I feel like a slug now. I've been in Saudi Arabia for the last 3 days without any opportunity to workout, but plenty of big lunches and dinners I rarely go 2 days without exercise. Heading back to Dubai tonight and hope I can sneak a workout in before the 17 hour flight back to Houston Tuesday.

Keep up the good work everyone..stay active and be safe.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

lori67

« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2010, 07:39:59 am »
Jill,

You crack me up! (sounds like a form of exercise to me!)  :D  Yes, my husband is in the Navy, and so is my son.  My husband is home now and will probably deploy for 6-7 months in November, but he'll be on an aircraft carrier, so I don't have to worry about him too much.  My son graduated from boot camp last August and is in school in cold Chicago for a few more months.  I just have to worry about him freezing to death.   :D  We always use my husbands deployments as a chance to learn some geography lessons that apparently I must have missed in school.   ???  The Shamrock is coming up and Paige is doing well.  I'll be a spectator that  day as I will have the little one with me and then I have to be there to get Paige at the finish line.  I'm off the hook until my nephew's 5K in April.  Phew....

Jan, what is this "if" business???

Kay, I have a friend who will be working for the Census too.  They pay pretty well.  If Erika was in school full time, I'd do it myself.  Maybe they'll hire her...she can go door to door with  paper and a crayon.  She can count to 20.  How many people have more than 20 people living their house?

Can't go to the Y today since Erika has a cold, so I'll have to get my exercise by doing housework.  That should be the equivalent of doing a triathlon.

Keep up the good work everyone - and step away from the cookies! 
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2010, 07:47:53 am »
I'm thinking Cinncinati, but I'm not so sure.

I've had a few "words" with the leadership of the ANA - nothing I care to air on the open Forum - but I'm still going to continue to fulfill my sponsorship; as I think it's important that I honor my commitments.   

As far as attendance, we'll see what 2011 brings.  If nothing else, I don't want to miss the chance to meet Kathy M and Debbie (oHIo) so I may just show up to party  ;D

Now back to the topic at hand.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2010, 08:14:50 am »
I want to see my friends but have NO desire to go to Cincinnati - would rather meet up someplace warm and tropical!!  I'm sure no one will cry revers of tears over me not being there...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2010, 10:12:28 am »
You'll get plenty of exercise walking up here to deliver me a piece of that pie!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:40 pm »
Jan, do you know if the location is set in stone yet? 

The dates (June 2011, I believe) and the location are set in stone for the next symposium.

The way I understand it, the symposium is held wherever there are docs willing to sponsor it - which is not a small financial commitment.  2009 was sponsored by Richard Wiet (Chicago Ear) and 2011 is being sponsored by Dr. John Tew, Jr.  I'm sure HEI has sponsored it in the past and will again in the future.

In the meantime anyone with docs in a warm climate or exciting location, start talking up 2013  ;D

Pie?  Is it chocolate??

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »
Great to see you over here on this thread, Cheri!  Now, walk away from the pie and do get started on your Pilates :-*  Or, you still have your Wii Fit, right?  Go hop on that...come to think of it, I could also!  But, the weather here is so awesome right now, think I'll head outside to walk a bit - must be nice down there in Texas also, I'm guessing...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

cindyj

« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:59 pm »
Awful quiet over here...how's everybody doing?  Been to the gym, your walks, runs, bike rides, yogo, etc?  No?  No problem, get up and do it tomorrow :)

You're being watched :o

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:14 pm »
I knew that I would only make it to the gym twice this week, so I designed my workouts accordingly. Next week I am going to introduce some interval training.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jill Marie

« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »
I TAKE A FEW DAYS OFF FROM THIS THREAD AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS, THE ONLY EXERCISE I SEE COMING FROM MOST OF YOU IS THE EXERCISING OF THE JAW, NOW LETS GET WITH IT!!!   LESS PLANNING & MORE RUNNING, LESS TALKING & MORE WALKING!! ;D

Jan - Good luck with the Weight Watchers, I know quite a few people that have succeeded with the program and have kept the weight off long after leaving the program.  My bosses wife started it then so did my boss, he lost 25 pounds.

Cindy - I like your plan, playing Tennis so you can have cookies later, that's my work out program as well.  I don't exercise to exercise I do it so I can eat or drink something I like later.  I'm SSSOOOO jealous of the dancing you have been doing, sounds like you danced the night away ::)

Pat - Hope you have recovered from your travels and your very long flight so you can get back to your workouts.

Lori - Glad to hear that your Hubby is home with you.  Even though he is going to be deployed in a safe zone you still worry and of course miss him so much.  Let us know when he goes.  I know what you mean about the Geography lesson, I hated Geography when I was in school so of course I have a child that loves it and makes a point of making me learn all about it as an adult.  It does make it a lot more interesting to learn when you know someone that is actually there and the stories they have to tell when they come home are wonderful.

Cheri - Welcome to the thread.  I must admit that the chocolate pie comment caught my eye as well.  How about having your MIL make a couple more pie's then you can forget about THINKING you will exercise and head on up to Lori's with one pie and THEN, bring one to ME!   :D

Hubby, 2 dogs & I walked to the store last Sunday afternoon, it was so warm that we had to take our jackets off.  By Wednesday we were going to work with the temp at 22 degrees!  Went to the club everyday this week but only on a maintenance program as our youngest is leaving next week so I want to spend as much time with him as I can.  With that I'm out of here, to spend time with him.  Drill Instructor Jill

Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

texsooner

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2010, 05:53:18 am »
Sorry Sarge Jill. This long trip really did throw a kink into my exercise schedule. The long time on the airplane gave me some type of cruddy congestion that I've been fighting for a few days. Also, my youngest son just had a major jaw reconstruction surgery yesterday down here at Methodist hospital in Houston and we're staying at a hotel connected to the hospital. However, no excuses...I brought my running gear and it's supposed to be nice weather here today, so I plan on running around the medical center and Rice Univ area here....hopefully I can get in 4 or 5 miles. 

Everybody get active this weekend and be safe.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2010, 07:13:38 am »
Still contemplating Cinci...... me likes Dr Tew but why does he have to be in Cinci and not somewhere more exciting? :)

Ok, I did manage (weather was nice earlier this week) to take the dog stroll I earlier mentioned.    Did have steroid injection in my hip the week before, so it did help me in my attempts up the hill with the dog.  Was easier to manage so.... I did it! :)

Ya know I'm still cheering you all on during this quest! We CAN all accomplish and I commend you all for each attempting this in your own way... in a way that works best for you!  Well done!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2010, 09:09:55 am »
Sorry, Jill....guilty as charges.  I'll go swab the deck or something.... :-[

Actually, it was a gorgeous week here, until yesterday, so I was outside with the kids most of the time.  I should have grabbed my pedometer to see how far I walked those days as I'm sure it was a good distance.  It's tough when one kid wants to go to the playground and the other wants to ride her bike with her friends - I just spent all my time walking around in circles from one kid to another to make sure all was well.  I think the guy down the street thought I was lost or something.

No gym for me today.  We have a 4 year old birthday party to go to, then grocery shopping and then James has to fix his truck so I don't have to get up at 4am to drive him to work tomorrow!   :P

Hoping to get back into the swing of things on Monday.

Patrick, I hope your son is doing well.  How old is he?

Lori