Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421061 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:14 pm »
Soundy -

I had no idea mules lived that long.  Actually, I guess I never gave it much thought...

Lori

I gave it much thought either  before me and Bo got married and Red was 29 then and I thought that was old ...

we have a picture of Bo on the mules mom with his Aunt holding him and Red is about a month old and Bo not quite 2 ... every fall
my FIL starts in with I guess this is Reds last winter and so far every spring she is still here ...

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2010, 10:18:10 pm »
The bleachers were way too crowded for runs. So sad. But I got in plenty of walking and there are stairs only in the hotel so I take them by twos. Eating away from home is terrible. I've ordered off the children's menu once and split a burger with another mom once. I tell you, with portion sizes the way they are it's no wonder obesity has become epidemic.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Soundy

« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2010, 01:00:22 pm »
this is what I saw when I went out this morning to feed before heading in to walk ... do those look like clouds to you ... they were the
closest thing to clouds I could find ... and what is that big bright orb???  :o

went in and watched walkers and runners take off ...about 160 people came out ...then came home
bummed out ... couldn't take the bright light ... I set my camera down after I took jet stream picture and
forgot it or would show you the crowd ...

when I came home I took a new picture ... the bit of tree you see in both is the same one ... and look ...clouds ...not enough but
they are clouds ...

the girls are loving the bright ,sunny , windy day and have been out flying kites ... so I guess all is not lost ... I will walk at the school walk ... it is in
the gym and each grade comes in and walks for 30 minutes ... I can walk all day if I want to ...well that is between manning concession
stand selling water , juice and healthy snacks ... and I can walk the Relay event since it starts at sunset and goes til sunrise ...

just kinda bummed ...tired of health dictating my life I guess ... but will kick that feeling to curb , continue walking at school and move on ...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:21:08 pm by Soundy »
Translab July 2 ,2007

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2010, 01:03:45 pm »
Aliens!   ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2010, 01:08:47 pm »
I guess I should be mad at weather monkeys who have said all week it was going to be a cloudy day ...  ;D
they have as much control over things weather as I do health ... and can be my whipping boys

PS ... I tried to take a picture of myself with camera at arms length and to side and it made me have a big elongated
egg head so can't post it... but got my 2nd anniversary tattoo pretty good ...

Translab July 2 ,2007

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:03 am »
VERY nice!

Jan (hitting the gym in a few hours)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »
Soundy,

My 20 year son is into conspiracy theories.  He looked at the picture and said HARP.  Google it, it is hard for me to explain.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Soundy

« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »
and I thought it was just exhaust from passing jets and the sun  :o

you know what it did from about 7:00 last night til about 5 this morning ??? it pour down buckets of rain ... and has been overcast and gray all day ... and cold and windy ... they say more rain later today ...

gonna hit school gym in the morning and walk til first class ... that will be from 7:30 til 8:45 ... I wish I had time to go to either the local owned all womans gym (to keep us safe from prying male eyes ) or Curves ... with rearranging I could but don't know if I am disciplined enough to go... so for now sticking with walking at school...I am there every day until at least 9:30 anyway ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Keri

« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »
soundy - sorry about the 5k but it's nice you got to walk on the relay. and the animal education was informative!

kay - glad (from other threads) kendie is better.

patrick - thinking about you and your big biking event soon... hoping your getting in all the miles you need.

lori - i'm glad about your long bike ride - seems like that was so pretty. everytime i'm at a race and i see someone biking (because they have the bikers that go around and check on everyone) i always feel like saying 'can i borrow that?''

i was away this weekend helping chaperone our youth group from church in ocean city, MD. the name of the conference (imagine many screaming high schoolers and loud bands) was called "NOISE" and it was appropriately named. so much fun with the SSD. made me want to be D at times (not really, but it's how it felt sometimes). the saturday was 3 weeks from my marathon, the 'big day' to do your 20 miler (if you do it too close to the marathon, it's not good for you; 3 weeks out seems to be ideal). well, i didn't do it. just didn't have time. i did do about 11 and about half of that was on the beach, which is difficult.

i'm rethinking this marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. i may try to get a deferment until next year. but then sign up for a marathon in june just so the workouts i have done won't be for nothing!! i'll let y'all know. if i go ahead and do the marathon (which means i HAVE to do a 20 miler this week), i will really be needing y'all to help me stay motivated. this has been a rough year. i'm not going to be down on myself if i can't do it at this point. but we'll see!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »
Keri~
I know that you will do the right thing for you and your family...you have had a rough go of it.  The way I see it, if it is something that you think will make YOU feel good, you need to do it.  HOWEVER, if it is something that is going to cause to a lot of extra stress in the next few weeks...don't worry about not doing it.  I know that you will keep working out - not doing this one marathon does not make you a quitter or lazy person!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »
I feel inspired. I think I am going to get back on that treadmill. I will keep you posted!
Thanks Gang!
Oh and soundy I LOVE the tattoo!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »
I was not able to work in any bleacher runs over the weekend (would've had to knock down too many spectators along the way) but got right back at it this week. The weather here is so nice that I should also be able to work in some walks with the doggy. She's needing to drop a few after a lazy winter.

Sara

MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jill Marie

« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »
Keri - Haven't been reading much or posting at all, having issues with new eye glasses, they give me a headache.  Anyway, just wanted to say I agree with Kaybo, you've been through a lot so if you want/need to forgo the marathon then do it with no regrets.  If you decide to do the marathon we will be behind you 100 percent, we will be here to MOTIVATE you every STEP (pun intended) of the way.  Drill Instructor Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

lori67

« Reply #298 on: March 31, 2010, 05:15:05 am »
Awww....the softer side of Jill!   ;)

Watch out, Keri, she might have you peeling potatoes as training for the next run!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

cindyj

« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2010, 06:02:09 am »
Yes, Keri, just let us know what you decide...we are, of course, behind you all the way, either way :)

Michelle, nice to see you here!  We'll be watching for an update from you to confirm that you hit that treadmill ;) 

Love your tattoo, Soundy!  You mentioned Curves...I've been going there for the past year - was a good way to get me back into an exercise routine post surgery.  I've enjoyed chatting with the ladies on the circuit and the music helps keep you going!

It's mid-week, everyone - don't let the week get by without doing your workout - whatever that may be!   (How are those pets holding up ;))

Cindy

PS - seen a LOT of popcorn eating over on that "Healthcare" thread...I'm just saying... ;)

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings