Author Topic: I did a no-no!  (Read 14485 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
I did a no-no!
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:46:35 pm »
well, I had my 4 yr head MRI done tonight (in prep for my AN and Chiari appt on Feb 5).

I took at look at my MRI films before the docs did.  (hence the subject line, "I did a no-no")

If what I saw is what I think I saw.....

I'm a VERY happy camper.  ;D

My "brain booger" looks smaller, lots of darkness to it, looks more like a "blob" then last time.

Let's see what the trained professional eyes say but....

me thinks I read the films correctly.

Continued wellness wishes to everyone with their treatments... and hoping that "done deal" continues for all.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

Re: I did a no-no!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:50:37 pm »
Whoo-Hoo

k ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:36 pm »
Well, as you know, I'm no doctor, but your diagnosis works for me.

Congrats, Phyl  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

rupert

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »

I  sure don't see a no no.   I see a hoo-rah.   I don't see anything wrong with looking at films ahead of the doctors.  In fact it has become a hobby.  I had a kidney stone once and had everything figured out ( once I got them right side up )  and just sat there gleaming that I knew what the doc was going to say.  One of these days I will just give them my interpretation first.  Oh that would be a no-no.   Best of luck.   I think you are reading them right.    Bryan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:29:24 am »
thanks all!  Hoo-rahs, w00ts, mazel tovs  ;) , me thinks I'm on the right track in what I saw.  Will see what Brigham/Woman's says (my back up brain surgeon who's also working my Chiari.... the Chiari was definitely prevelent but..... it kinda looked stable.... I hope....) and then see the radio team at Beth Israel for the final confirmation.  Will also have my hearing test at B/W on 2/5 and believe I should be where I have been (over 90% serviceable hearing) based on recent hearing levels.

All appendages crossed for good news. Will keep you all updated for the "professional" opinion.  I think they trained me too well on how to read my films  :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 07:31:25 am »
Very good news so happy for you with all your caregiving chores you deserve and needed some good news. Do not tell anyone but I do that all the time my radiology center will give me copies of written reports 10 days after they are taken they said did you talk to your doctor and of course I say yes and they give me a copy. Then if I need the films I get a copy for free stating I need a second opinion oh am I so bad hey my insurance company paid them and I did to (copay). Do not worry there are worse no-no's in this world this in my eyes and hopefully others this was a yes-yes......

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 08:33:55 am »
Hey Pat!  :-*

I do the same.. the written report is forthcoming (to arrive before my B/W appt) and will wait to see what it says (the MRI center has been doing my head MRI's pre-CK and post-CK and has all historical films for comparison.... will be interesting to see what it notes).

You're right Pat. I needed a bit of good news and this most certainly helped! :)

thank you for the well-wishes... and for helping to keep a keen eye on me :)

Phyl

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 12:45:41 pm »
Phyl ~

Great news!  I hope 'Doctor Phyl' is right! :)  I can't tell much from the films but I know how to read the written report (using an online medical dictionary when necessary) and that is always interesting.  Anyway, best of luck with the radiation consult. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »
Really great news!!  Can't wait to hear the doctor confirm your findings!!

Huggles,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 02:02:26 pm »
Well, by now, you are an expert in MRI readings!!  You know good news when you see it.  The Blob is DEAD!

Hooray!

Smoochies,,

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 03:34:06 pm »
Jim (what do I say? :) ), Brenda (puggle-hugglez m'dear) and Sue :-*  :-*

we will see what she says Feb 5... will update all.. and thanks SOOOO much for the support.  Sue, you and I are on each other's wellness heels/timeframe, so happy 4th to you as well!  

You all "rawk" :)

Phyl

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »
WOO HOO

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

jerseygirl

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 05:31:18 pm »
I also do not see here a no-no. This is the way to do it, as far as I am concerned. It is GREAT news! Congratulations, Phyl!

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

epc1970

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 05:34:35 pm »
Great news Phyl! BTW: I make it a standard practice to get my hands on a copy of my reports and films asap....I can't stand the waiting! I'm knocking on the door of the film library the day after my scan-one of my drs here in Maine told me the schedule of when the neuro-radiologists here read the scans. That was a very useful piece of info  ;D
Erin

LisaP

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 06:27:25 pm »
Phyl,

You will get the best of news and that's ok if you peeked ::)

Best wishes,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W