Author Topic: It's Zeek again!  (Read 2117 times)

zeek

It's Zeek again!
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »
Great news. the reason I haven't been on here for a year now, is well..... I forgot...I'm to busy living a normal life again. I had my last clean M.R.I. in Nov of "09" Next one scheduled for Jan 2011. It feels so good to be so called "normal" again, after all I went through. To be honest, the farther away my thoughts of all this is, the better. On with life I say! so, I'm sorry if I don't come on here much anymore, I just feel like it's time to move on. Nothing new I can really say. Yes, I cannot hear out of my left ear, so what. I have excellent hearing in my right ear. And I still, after all this time have some hand pain/nerve damage. I live with it. No worse than the arthritis I'll probably get in a few years anyway! As time passes I remember less and less of what happened. My thoughts are now filled with the projects I'm working on, as well as my frequent travels. So, if anyone is new to this A.N. stuff, just read my early posts. You'll see how far I came, and you will to! Thanks Zeek.

sgerrard

Re: It's Zeek again!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 01:11:45 am »
This is a different Zeek than the one I remember, and I mean that in a good way.  ;) 

It is great to hear from you. We don't mind a bit if people get so busy with their regular life that they forget they even had an AN, and no longer frequent the forum. It means we did our job, and things are going well. We do appreciate you dropping by once and a while, just to remind us that there are bigger and better things out there in the real world.

See you next year maybe!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:58:49 am »
Hi Zeek!

Thanks for stopping by and telling us that life is good!
Although i have had no treatment, if i ever need any, it is enlightening to know that life goes on.

Best wishes for continued good health, and clean MRI's!

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »
Damn, Zeek, it's good to see you  ;D

I remember the early days when you wondered if life was worth living.  Glad you found out that it definitely is!

Hearing from you always brightens my day and brings a big 'ole grin to my face  ;D

Party on!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:59:40 pm »
Hey, Zeek ~

Thanks for posting that encouraging message.  You've certainly come a long way.  I'm pleased to learn about any AN patient recovering and moving past their AN experience. A few of us 'veterans' stick around here to do what we can for newbies and those in the midst of post-op struggles but, like you, in our personal lives, our AN experience is now just a memory.  A vivid one, to be sure, but still, a part of our history.  Your post is a perfect example of the reality that nothing stays the same in life and even though an AN post-op/radiation patient may be dealing with what seems like overwhelming obstacles to normalcy, it doesn't stay like that.  We conquer, adapt and accept as the situation demands....but we survive and move on with our lives, as you have.  Thanks again for the reminder - and I wish you continued success and a fulfilling life.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:03:31 pm »
Zeek,

Great, encouraging post!!!  Thanks for stopping by to remind those of us still earlier in our recoveries that this is something that will (hopefully) be just a memory one day.  You have a fantastic attitude. 

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.