Author Topic: Danny Phillips surgery 6 2 06  (Read 1901 times)

Raydean

Danny Phillips surgery 6 2 06
« on: June 01, 2006, 06:58:39 pm »
Years ago right before my husband was due to have residual tumor surgery out of the blue we received a postcard from someone in Israel. It stated that we were in his thoughts.  I'm sure the sender had no idea how much that card meant to us.  Just knowing that someone an ocean away cared enough to send a card gave us strength, put a smile on our face, and made our journey alittle easier.  I actually carried that card with us to the hospital  as a reminder.  I don't think I'll ever forget that single act of kindness.

Why am I sharing this with you?  Danny2006 aka Danny Phillips is due to have surgery tomorrow at St Vincent's Medical Center in Los Angeles.  if possible maybe some of us on the forum could mail cards to him. 

Just to make it easier to send cards.  Here's the address: 

Danny Phillips   (Patient)
St Vincent's Medical Center
2131 West 3rd St
Los Angeles, California

213 484 7111  phone.

Best to all
Raydean and Chet
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 04:18:37 am by Raydean »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Danny Phillips surgery 6 2 06
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:05:41 pm »
What a great idea, Raydean and Chet-bloke!  When I go to the hallmark store next, I'm just gonna load up on goofy cards! They just MAKE your day when ya feel icky!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Mary 117

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:02:16 am »
One of the very nicest things that happened to me while I was in LA  was the cards that were at the front desk at Seton Hall the monday after surgery. A little stack but they had so much healing power. Sitting on the couch, with pillows to keep from falling over, reading cards and notes from all over the country made me have hope. I even slept with a few under the pillow.
And you can be sure, even if we con't get the card in the mail, that anyone who has gone through this surgery is sending all sorts of postive thoughts and wishes to Danny and everyone else who has to walk (or wobble) the AN road.

Wishing everyone some good things today,
Mary
1.9CM House Ear Clinic
May 24, 2006
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

matti

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:31:21 am »
Sent my card off this morning. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today Danny.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50