Author Topic: My BAHA Gotcha Date ... and a note to JAN!  (Read 2719 times)

Jeepers

My BAHA Gotcha Date ... and a note to JAN!
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:38:50 am »
I had my appointment with Dr. Battista yesterday and everything is just fine with my BAHA site. I will receive my processor on FEBRUARY 23rd!! I can't wait!

Dr. Battista also mentioned that there has been very positive feedback on the BP100!

Jan, thanks again for your support. Once again, Dr. Battista and I end our appt. talking about YOU!!  I let him know how supportive you are, not only to me, but everyone on the boards. He agrees, saying you are not only a wonderful, nice person, but a great advocate for the BAHA.   :)

Diagnosed 2003-right side-1cm AN
Wait and watch for 6 yrs; 2009 showed growth w/balance issues
Translab 7/9/09 - Drs. Battista/Kazan (Hinsdale IL); SSD
Recovering well!

lori67

Re: My BAHA Gotcha Date ... and a note to JAN!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:37:09 am »
Yay!  Good news!   ;D

I know you'll love your BAHA and I'm jealous that you're getting the new, fancy-schmancy one! 

I think Jan should be the spokesmodel for Cochlear!  Or at the very least, they should give her a few packages of batteries for free!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:14 am »
Joyce -

you are more than welcome.  I think good ideas - like the BAHA - and good doctors - like Dr. Battista - should be shared, not kept secret.  I was fortunate enough to find out about both at difficult times in my life and I'll always be thankful for that.

I'm with Lori (no surprise there  :D ) - I know you'll love your BAHA.

I put your Gotcha Day on the calendar.  If you remember, please return to the Forum and give us your impressions; it's always helpful to newbies and those thinking about the BAHA. 

I spoke to Dr. Battista last week and he told me also that the BP100 has been getting great reviews from his patients; I'm anxiously awaiting my upgrade.

Lori -

free batteries, hell.  I think we should patent our Recovery Kit, sell the rights to Cochlear, and both retire early.  I'm ready to quit my day job and move to Tahiti - the stress and the weather here have both been getting to me lately.  Are you with me?  We'll ask "Blondie" too - don't want to break up the trio  ;)

My Cochlear reward will be a shiny new BP100.  It's going to cost me a few thousand bucks, but I'm confident it will be worth it.  Unlike the Divino, I don't think the BP100 comes in right and left models, so if you're nice maybe I'll share it with you. 

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:08 am »
watch it..."Blondie" is reading this...& you better include me...maybe one of these days I was be a BAHA wearer...

K   ;D
*not wanting to be left out*
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:00:36 pm »
Well Blondie, if you do get that BAHA, Lori and I will be honored to send you one of our famous recovery kits!  Free of charge, even  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »
Free of charge????   :o  I thought we were charging her twice as much?

Jan, bring the new BAHA to Tahiti and we'll take turns with it.  Which one of us getis it will all depend on which side the guy serving the fruity rum drinks is on.
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:36 pm »
Fruity rum drinks, eh?  We'll have to invite Captain Deb - sounds like she'd enjoy Tahiti also  ;)

Poor Joyce, we've hijacked her thread.  Our sincere apologies, Joyce. 

Lori and I will adjust our halos now and get back to the topic @ hand.  Thank goodness Kaybo knows how to behave!

One out of three ain't bad  ;)

Jan