Author Topic: Blance, Wonky Head, Peripheral Vision and Glasses  (Read 9079 times)

Tom Browning

Re: Blance, Wonky Head, Peripheral Vision and Glasses
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 11:02:31 am »
I will try this out......i am getting better at the grocery store...but the mall is another storey...or any store w/ loud music really throws me.

I too found that when I go outside my wonky head gets immediately worse.  Stores haven't been too big a problem, but tomorrow night I'm supposed to go to a concert in chilly barn.  Am I a glutton for punishment, or what?  My theory is I want to try to get used to as much as I can rather than avoid everything that is bothersome.
Tom

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »
Hi, Tom ~

Welcome to the forums. 

I'm not sure if attending a concert in a chilly barn is considered vestibular therapy or punishment (depends on the music, I guess).  I agree with your attitude of pushing yourself to do things that are a bit difficult things and not simply 'take the easy way out'.  Physically challenging yourself is always beneficial, both physically and emotionally, because you're taking control and not allowing the AN/surgery to control you.  If there are limits (and there will be a few) you'll find them and adapt as necessary.  This is what many of us do, usually with good results.  I think you'll do equally well.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Tom Browning

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:42:59 pm »
Thanks, Jim
The concert was good, but I can see I have  a lot of adjusting to do.  The sound was almost like listening to a transistor radio that's a little off signal.  But it was better than not going at all.  But I may have over done things, it was a lot of stimulus and the next day my AN side became numb, and my head very "wonky".  I hope this is very temporary, I'd hate to give up our social life.