Author Topic: new discovery  (Read 8744 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: new discovery
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 04:37:22 pm »
I have had the metallic taste in my mouth for years and at times it feels like I am salivating more when that happens, unfortunately it hasn't affected my appetite.

Ditto . . . except not sure about the salivating thing and it's only been nine months.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

petgroomer

• Love to live... Live to love...
    • Vagal Schwannoma
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »
I have had the metallic taste in my mouth for years and at times it feels like I am salvating more when that happens, unfortunately it hasn't affected my appetite.
Rivergirl, I also agree with the salivating.... where I must pull over in the car becuase I feel it's going to make me throw up.  Ewwwww... sooo gross, but it's reality.
JULY 2009 found 5.6 cm X 4 cm vagal schwan on the 10th cranial nerve and by MAY 2010 it grew to 7.1 cm X 4 cm X 4.1 cm  Nov 2010 it has grown another 10%... time for C.K.! :)
I love life but I'm finding it harder to do .. one millimetre at a time.
www.vagalschwannoma.com 
www.allinonepetcare.co

gingerbread6

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »
Hi All,

I have been experiencing the metallic taste now for the past month or so. I am 8 weeks post op today, after retrosigmoid surgery. I will try the zinc lozenges in hopes that they relieve it. Intitally, post op I had taste issues, ie: foods not tasting good at all, then the metallic taste started on my surgery side about a month ago. I love to eat and enjoy my food, so I hope it's a temporary thing. I appreciate the input from everyone.

Gingerbread 6

Marie