Author Topic: Headaches and Lyrica and Side Effects  (Read 20398 times)

lori67

Re: Headaches and Lyrica and Side Effects
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »
Well, Soundy, good luck from a washer/arranger.

Have you ever seen the show Monk?  That's become my husband's nickname for me.  I like to think of these little quirks as what makes me an original!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 07:45:41 pm »
I watched Monk this morning with my 10 year old and she pointed out simularities I have with him ... I  can drive over bridges  :D

when my quirks were quirks I didn't mind them ... but when they began to poke into my life they did ....

I was talking to a friend ...she was analyzing me ... she says I fear a new tumor or illness ...and my OCD tendencies are because I want my life to be in order and my body isn't ...  between AN , Lupus and other ongoing health issues I need order in my lfe that my body doesn't give me ...

I asked her about my desk in the middle of it all and she said " Oh that is because you are really a pig at heart "  >:( ... good friends are hard to find but I have one I will sell real cheap  ;D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 04:22:43 pm »
good friends are hard to find but I have one I will sell real cheap  ;D

Soundy ~

From your account, I wouldn't take this 'friend' at any price.

It's always a bit of a revelation when friends issue an unsolicited negative 'analysis' and offer casual put-downs, apparently oblivious to the fact that these utterances are hurtful or, at the least, annoying.  I'm sorry you had to endure this.  I'm sure the person in question is a wonderful human being but you need a friend that encourages and doesn't think that characterizing you in negative ways is somehow helpful, much less, supportive.   Just a thought.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 10:51:27 pm »
Jim ... she's a keeper and was just messng with me because she can and get away with it ...I was joking about selling her ...sorry ... didn't type that as clearly as I could have ... I should have added her get up to first post

our session took place at school ...we were laughing and cutting up ... I was laying on the fainting couch  in the nurses office and she had a clip board ,  pipe cleaner glasses and a pencil that had what I think was a pink bird on the top ... (she is the one that does the wonky head dance with me when others would look at me like I had lost it so that I wasn't alone )...(and  she has been around me  so much that when I speak my new language aquired since surgery she know what I realy said) ... she is one thing aside from this place and my family that keep me sane

and her saying I wanted order in my life that I no longer had is kinda what I have figured out on my own  ...still too soon to see if new pill will help ... but had a giggle today that did

this morning we were at school for Spelling Bee ... before we turned the last corner of the hall that had all it's painting finished  I braced  myself because I knew they were going to start a new section ...we turned the corner and I gasped ,   then I giggled ...then laughed aloud  ... the next section has been started ... but now the cut in along floor was done first ... it didn't bother me at all ... maybe because we were laughing like lunitics ... we tried not to look at people ...it only made us laugh more ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

lori67

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 07:22:54 am »
Soundy,

I have a few friends like yours - and I wouldn't trade them for the world.  Sometimes you just need someone to tell it like it is - but in a way that makes you laugh and see the silver lining in the dark clouds.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see your therapy session - I've got an interesting mental picture of your friend in her pipe cleaner glasses!   :D  Maybe she should go into business!

I didn't take your friends comments the wrong way - maybe it's a "girlfriend" thing.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 08:11:15 am »
Soundy -

sometimes laughter truly is the best medicine.  I know I couldn't cope without it.

I think it's great that your friend is such a comedienne - most of my friends are too - Lori included  ;D

Life has definitely given you lots of lemons, but as long as you keep making lemonade you'll be just fine.

Have a great day!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 02:35:31 pm »
Soundy ~

I apologize for my misunderstanding your friend's comments.  Guys do this, too so I know what you mean.  We all have close friends that we allow to 'mess with us' because we know they only want the best for us and that we can always do the same to them, with no hard feelings.  Of course, friends such as this are rare and highly valued.  I'm pleased to learn that you have such a friend.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ombrerose4

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »
I am also somewhat OCD about things, but I think its just a way of trying to keep some control over what is going on in our lives when we are hit with major issues.
So big deal, what's alittle OCD between friends :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Soundy

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 03:22:05 pm »
well ... with the addition of prozac I have noticed that the OCD things that bothered me don't as much ... I still notice just don't pay as much mind to them ... and I can punch  numbers ending in five or zero on the microwave and the world doesn't end ...

what I wish I would quit doing is looking at things to check if they bug me  >:( ... that is my new compulsion ... I look at the walls at school and the light not centered over new larger island , the cabinet door that is about 1/4 inch lower than the rest in the kitchen ... I look and no longer get that catch in my breath ... but can't seem to not look as I pass these things to make sure they are not a worry anymore ... I am hoping this goes away after my mind decides that things don't always have to be just so

but things are better ... and I am sleeping better... only wake up once a night most nights instead of 3 or 4 times every night ... and best of all I get to keep taking lyrica that has been a life saver for me where headaches are concerned
Translab July 2 ,2007

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »
Soundy -

glad to hear that things are better.  Hope it continues.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways