Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  (Read 6624 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »
2 1/2 years later I still cannot stand the taste of wine... or even champagne... the weird facial nerve thingy

So cheers with an egg nog latte it is...

" CHEERS- To a cool bunch of people!"

... You blokes sure helped me muchly   ;D ... I am not sure I would have made it without you-all... I would have for sure froze my head if it was not for the famous hat knitting poet... and many other WAY cool people I met here: photographers, Paddleboarding grandpas, pirate granny's ... too many to mention.

Do the java jive with me Scotty ;)  I think Pearly Whites is smiling at us-all.  ;D

Cheers,

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

opp2

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 01:04:33 am »
Good Morning, Happy New Year to you all. Good Riddance 2009. Welcome 2010. Nothin' personal you know, but we're ready to move forward!
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »
It is already noon here, and so far 2010 is proving to be a very good year.

Happy New Year to all forumites, we couldn't do it without you. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 07:38:40 pm »
I agree 2009 was a rough year.  I began 2009 with my dearest girlfriend finding out she has lung cancer.  She had a very nasty battle, almost lost it but continued to fight and was told she was "cancer free" three months ago.  The Monday of Christmas after routine testing she was told the cancer is back.  She waited until Dec 30 to tell her family and friends.  My heart is very sad.

Meanwhile this time last year my father-in-law's health started to rapidly decline.  He too was diagnosed with lung cancer May 14 and passed away Sept 18.  I tried to get him to the Dr's for 4 months but he was too afraid to go.  It was a very painful death.  He was a very difficult man in life and it was very hard to let go for the family because of so many unresolved emotions. 

There was also the dissolving of a marriage.  Our friends married 25 years, kids went to school together, the woman had an affair on the husband.  Louie and I became sounding boards for both of them.   On a positive note they are trying to work things out, but Louie and I are stepping back.  Neither him or I can play marriage counselor any more.

So I say come on 2010 and give all that you got!  Yikes I'm 50 in 22 days...don't like that number!

No resolutions other than living life and laughing often!

Anne Marie

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:36 pm »
and many other WAY cool people I met here: photographers, Paddleboarding grandpas, pirate granny's ... too many to mention.

Cheers,

DHM

Happy new yeAAAAARRRRRRRRRR to all ye wonkyheaded wenches, swervin' scallywags, and half-deaf mateys!  May 2010 be a year of healing, hearing, and walking a straighter line.  Also shrunk tumors, GONE tumors, and less, less, less, or no, no, no headaches!!!

From yer favorite pirate granny,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Tamster

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:34:53 pm »

[/quote]

Happy new yeAAAAARRRRRRRRRR to all ye wonkyheaded wenches, swervin' scallywags, and half-deaf mateys! 
Capt Deb
[/quote]

I've never been called a half-deaf matey before! Somehow when Capt Deb says it, it makes me smile!

Tam
6mm AN left side, diagnosed Sept 22, 2009
Middle Fossa  December 8th 2009,  Drs. Brackmann and Schwartz.
Facial nerve preserved, tumor out, SSD. tinnitus.

Life isn't t about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Tamst