Author Topic: I'm back and I'm a Postie!!!  (Read 12729 times)

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
Re: I'm back and I'm a Postie!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:23 pm »
Some ups and downs the past two days.  I'm still really sore and I felt I was relying on my medication too much so I called my doc and they ok'd me to take ibuprofin.   That released the neck muscles which seemed to stop the migraines.  Much better!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support.  I posted some hospital "postie" pics on my caringbridge if any pre-ops want to see what you might expect.  I think I looked a little scary, but all things considered I guess that was to be expected.  I'm just resting and taking a lot of naps.  I'm sick of the house already, but I don't have the energy or stamina to leave anyway, so it makes it easy to "take it easy."   :D

www.caringbridge.org/visit/lynettepudlo
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

sgerrard

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 03:19:57 pm »
Not scary at all. :) Actually you look good, and the smile in pic #2 looks very encouraging. I also like your daughter's pirate hat.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Sobes

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 05:34:24 pm »
Hi Lyn,

Thank you for the update and the pics! You look great! Glad to hear you are still doing well. I've been thinking of you and hope for you to feel better each day  :D

Bren~
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 06:37:16 pm »
I'm with Steve - pictures not scary at all   :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

gingerbread6

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 01:05:27 pm »
Hey Lyn,

I'm so happy that you are doing so well. It must be great to be home with your kids. Now you can all enjoy Christmas together.

My countdown is on. One week from tomorrow is my big day. To top it off, Jay is sending me the "magic scarf". I'm psyched! I will wear it in support of all of us.

Keep us updating on your progress. Rest up and enjoy your holidays.

Here's to a Happy, Healthy 2010!!

Gingerbread 6

Goldie

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 01:19:06 pm »
It's so great to hear that things went so well.  Another success story!   :)  I too have a little constant tinnitus (less than before surgery), but I just tune it out.  I have noticed that it does get louder if I'm in a noisy environment, but generally I'm not aware of it unless I think about it.  Have a restful time and a blessed Christmas!

Denise D.
GK 5/06 at Mayo for small AN after balance and slight hearing issues.  Progressive hearing loss following GK.
3/09 - facial spasms began.  MRI shows tumor growth.
9/09 - MRI shows further growth.  "GK failure."  Translab 10/1/09 success!  BAHA 10/8/10.

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 06:55:46 pm »
Not scary at all. :) Actually you look good, and the smile in pic #2 looks very encouraging. I also like your daughter's pirate hat.

Steve
Leave it up to Steve to notice the hat!  ;)

I like the pics, very tasteful and encouraging.
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

gingerbread6

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 05:52:37 am »
Hi Lyn,

How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better and stronger each day.

My surgery is six days from today. I'm packing my bag today. My six year old is lending me her favorite penguin pillow to bring!! She told me to pack my baby blanket too!! It's amazing that's it's still in one piece after all of these years!!

I am ready to roll and be on the postie side with the rest of you guys.

I am waiting in anticipation for the "magic scarf" to arrive. It is making its way to the east coat after spending time at HEI in CA. I will wear it proudly for all of us!!

Take care, and enjoy you Christmas with your family and friends. Here's to a Happy, Healthy 2010!!!

Gingerbread 6

Marie

Lynn Mc

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:36 am »
Lyn,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Enjoy the holidays with the kids.  I don't think your pictures are scary at all!!!  You look great.  Love the smile!

Happy Holidays,
Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 02:10:10 pm »
And by the way, I am SO, SOOOOOO bored.  I'm normally so busy I don't have time to spare, and this is such a drastic change.  I'm sick of TV.  I can only read a few pages of a book at a time, so I can't study ahead.  I'm not quite well enough to care for my own kids, so they've been going to daycare part of the day until someone s here to help me.  I can handle the computer for 20-30 min at a time now, but that doesn't kill much time.  ARG!  I'm such an impatient patient.   :D

However....  I'm so lucky to be well enough to be bored. 
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Kaybo

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:31 pm »
Great attitude, Lyn!  Even though you are bored, cherish these days...pretty soon you will be back to running, running, running and you'll wish you could just sit down for a sec!   ;D

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009, 10:35:51 pm »
I think with the Middle Fossa you are more limited with vision (TV and reading, etc.).  But I noticed how much I loved the computer because you can change the VIEW by enlarging the Text size and the Zoom  and make thing MUCH easier to read.

But man, he one thing I read before this AN surgery was people commenting about was their patience level...............WOW.....I can't stand that one  ;)

Glad You're going Good!!
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Lilan

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 08:49:43 am »
For the first week or two I joked that my favorite thing to do was stare at the back of my eyelids. I liked to just close my eyes (not sleep) a lot -- too much stimulation even having eyes open! In a weird way I wasn't bored because I felt like I had a lot to mentally process anyway.

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »
Yeah Lyn!
glad to hear you are doing so well - rest as much as you can - healing is your job right now!
Tell your little one to cuddle up and read to you! Well talk about the pictures anyway!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

gingerbread6

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 05:11:14 am »
Hi Lyn,

How are you doing these days. Hope you are feeling better each day. It's  a sliow and steady progress, I'm finding. So far my biggest concerns are the incision and neck pain, extreme fatigue, and the wobbles. I'm taking it slow and not overdoing. My hubby and daughter have been great, as well as wonderful, supportive friends.

I'm up for my sterioid dose gonna try to hit the recliner now. Happy, Healthy New Year to us all. God knows we deserve it.

It'a a beautiiul snowy day in NE today, think I'll just watch the snow come down.... God is good....

Take care,

Gingerbread 6

Marie