Author Topic: Where to buy eye stuff?  (Read 11702 times)

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
Where to buy eye stuff?
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:44:34 pm »
Where do you guys buy your eye drops and lubricant and stuff?
I'm particularly interested in if anyone has a bulk supplier of Refresh Celluvisc and/or Refresh PM. Driving to Target once a week to "stock up" is getting old.. and expensive!
Thinking of asking Santa for a case of eye drops..
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Where to buy eye stuff?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »
I think someone recommended Costco or Sam's Club not too long ago.

You can buy in bulk and save money.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:04:36 pm »
I would like to know that too...the best deal I have found is that CVS has it on cheaper every once in while with a CVS card...

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

epodjn

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:40:44 pm »
I know this has been discussed before but I liked the Puralube that was sold at Walmart, only 3.16 a tube, but now they don't have it anymore. Anyone know where I can get it at a decent price. I'm with all of you, really tired of the weekly runs for Refresh PM and liquagel.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

lori67

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »
I know Sam's used to have good size boxes of Celluvisc and 2 packs of Refresh PM, but I haven't been there in a while.

I don't have to buy Celluvisc very often, but I get mine and my PM stuff at the grocery store.  I find coupons in the Sunday paper every now and then.

That would be a very practical (although not very fun) Christmas gift!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jill Marie

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:12:47 pm »
I know this has been discussed before but I liked the Puralube that was sold at Walmart, only 3.16 a tube, but now they don't have it anymore. Anyone know where I can get it at a decent price. I'm with all of you, really tired of the weekly runs for Refresh PM and liquagel.

Sorry to say that the Puralube is discontinued from the manufacturer so you won't find it anywhere.  I used it too since I use a tube or 2 each day and it's really costly since the Insurance doesn't pay for it.  It's still sold to Veterinarian supply stores, not sure if the ingredients are exactly the same ratio or not, seems like it's a bit messier.  I'm hoping to find another brand that costs about the same as Puralube, would love to hear that someone has found one, if I do I will be sure and let everyone else know.  Jill
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:41:28 pm by Jill Marie »
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
I buy my Celluvisc drops at Costco.I use 1-2 boxes a week.  I asked them to carry them as there were quite expensive at the grocery store. As it turns out they are 4$ cheaper at Costco.
I buy lacilube at Walmart, cheapest for me by far. Oh and paper tape is $3 cheaper at Walmart as well!
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

mandy721

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »
I have been ordering from CVS online -http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/promoContent/promoLandingTemplate.jsp?promoLandingId=1083   CVS has special online sales frequently and  free shipping with a minimum purchase. I have a drugstore on the corner, but have found that the CVS prices are better and I like stocking up.   Since Ken is a heavy user of drops and Refresh PM, I order enough to satisfy the free shipping requirement and we are set for a few weeks. With all of the things he is dealing with, I want to make sure that we are well supplied with the eye products he needs. 
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:49:50 am »
I get Refresh Lacrilube at www.hocks.com.  I buy the bigger one and it cost $17 and at walgreens is $25.  I get free shipping as i buy at least 6 at a time....just a reminder that if any company you work for has flex, get on it.....as it lowers taxable amount for the year and we are goldmines for medical stuff...just a thought.

Meagan
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

Jill Marie

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 09:01:43 pm »
Thanks for the link Meagan, 

I can't afford what you buy as I buy way to much ointment, but they have some other ointment I can buy at a lower cost.  Will try some other brands that cost a bit more and see if I don't have to use so much which of course helps with the cost.  Thanks again, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

NP Joia

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 04:23:24 pm »
Pharmaderm is making Puralube for pets in 3.5 gm tubes for about $4 each. Vet opth. ointments have to be medical-grade quality and are safe for human use. The larger tube is probably a bit messier and would be more likely to be contaminated with prolonged use. Extra care measures would include consistent handwashing before use, never touching the eye's surface and careful storage. Hope this helps.

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 09:52:49 am »
I forgot to mention that the www.hocks.com is for 7 grams of eye stuff....which is a huge tube.  I know refresh pm only comes in 3 grams so this is double!
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

martyc

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:34:01 pm »
Like you, I buy mine at Target.  I use the coupons from the boxes themselves and buy as many as they have.  One time I left one box there as a lady was wondering if it would work for her :)  I'm a celluvisc hog, but then my trips are monthly.  I also use my flex acct. $$ to reimburse me, so keep that in mind if you have that set up.  Wish I'd bought stock in Allergan before having brain surgery!
:)
Marty
Marty