Author Topic: really loud tinnitus  (Read 15196 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: really loud tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 08:10:41 am »
I just wanted to know how you are doing today ??

My prayers are with you,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

moe

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:03 am »
Amy,
Also thinking of you and hoping you are somehow finding some relief. Like I mentioned, the xanax is the only med that works for me. Lots of good suggestions from DHM.

Just getting out and doing your errands, staying preoccupied and then finding the time to rest the ears is helpful. Hopefully someone can be on "baby" watch while you get this much needed break.

I also have meditation/zen type music with the stereo  head phone, which helps.

You have your hands full with your baby. Mine are grown, (except for the 16 y/0!) so it is easier since I have control over my enviornment.

Things will hopefully settle down for you.
Prayers your way,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Rc Moser

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 12:11:36 am »
My tinnitus gets louder if surrounding noise is really not even loud. Most days I have to wear ear plug to control the paperwading sound. Setting hear right now with the TV very low I can heard my an side buzzing.  For us that have severe reaction tinnitus from noise other people is not going to understand why you are so noise sensitive.  After work I can not stand no high pitched noises a good example is water running, knifes or forks clanking or a glass or plate set down on a hard surface.  Also driving home from work (only 8 miles and I verily reach 45MPH) makes my ear buzz and my balance worse. For me it must be the motion and wind noises that starts the loud tinnitus and if I don't get in a quiet area for 30 to 45 Min's if could turn into a migraine.

I have headaches most of the time, so the leap to a migraine is not out of reach about every day for me.  You will find out that there are things you can not take and what the limits are. I buy Howard LEIGHT MAX1 foam ear plugs by the 200 count and use them one at a time. They are rated NRR 33 and are very soft which usually don't make my ear sore. I have found you get about 4 hours out of one before you need to get the other new one to keep you ear from hurting.

Hopefully yours will go away and you won't have to deal with it. I just passed 6 years and my tinnitus has not gotten better, some days it's not so bad and some days I too can not hardly stand it. It just makes you miserable and wears you out, again people around you not going to understand what a loud noise does to you head IMO.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.