Author Topic: “Has anyone had surgery at House on Kaiser Insurance?”  (Read 5391 times)

DarleneN

We see the Kaiser doctor tomorrow.  I'd love to hear advice from anyone with Kaiser insurance who has had their AN surgery at House.

Thanks,
Darlene

smiley

Re: “Has anyone had surgery at House on Kaiser Insurance?”
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:56:15 pm »
DarleneN,

I currently am a Kaiser member and was considering having my future (depending on tumor growth) tumor removed by attempting to go "out of network" from Kaiser and have HEI conduct the surgery since my last AN was removed from them when I had different insurance.  I see you posted months ago, did you go with House through Kaiser Insurance.

Does anyone have experience going "out of network" with Kaiser?

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 05:14:50 pm »
Great question, I am anxious to know what you find out as I am a Kaiser patient in Oregon. Where are you?
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

smiley

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:27:09 am »
I am in Southern California.  Kaiser has been fantastic with consistent monitoring of my tumors (NF2) and I am very happy with their professionalism and deligence, but HEI did a great job removing my 6 cm AN back in 07.

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 10:51:01 am »
I am in Southern California.  Kaiser has been fantastic with consistent monitoring of my tumors (NF2) and I am very happy with their professionalism and deligence, but HEI did a great job removing my 6 cm AN back in 07.
While I do not know the details, I can share that a family member had surgery at a Kaiser Hospital in LA that was performed by Dr. Brackman and Dr. Hitselberger. I think that the reason this was covered is that he had an Auditory Brainstem Implant installed, and there weren't any Kaiser doctors who did this. So, perhaps requesting an ABI might work for you to use House doctors.
Just a thought.........
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08