Author Topic: hearing electrical zaps  (Read 12886 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: hearing electrical zaps
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 02:09:38 pm »
s
 :-*

dhm
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Joe B

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 07:31:42 am »
I also had the "zaps". I recall hearing/feeling them when I turned my head to the left quickly(the bad side). I didn't feel it through my whole body, it was mainly just in my ear/left side of my head. This sensation has gotten less severe and less frequent over time. I am nearly 6 months postop now and I don't even remember the last time it occured (although, there is a lot of stuff I don't remember ???).

Joe B
2.9 cm AN left side
MRI 5/13/09
Translab 6/04/09 Tampa General Hospital
SSD

Lyssa

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 03:10:54 pm »
Hmm interesting... I think this is what I get, but for me it's sort of like a "boing" noise in my deaf ear and like I literally feel like there is a spring in my ear... very hard to explain, especially to my family lol.  I only get it when I'm falling asleep and it will jolt me awake, the same way a muscle spasm will when you're on the verge of sleep. 

Certain "constant" noises like static or running water or cheering will make my ear ring as well.

My husband has been playing the new Call of Duty game a lot, and there is this bomb you can throw which stimulates some sort of high pitched noise - it's BRUTAL, it is so well simulated it is like I can only hear it in my head, I get really upset with him and ask him to play with headphones.
26 yrs old.
Diagnosed Oct. 2008 with 2cm right-sided AN
Translab surgery Feb. 9/09 at Sunnybrook in Toronto
SSD & right-sided facial paralysis, nerve still intact and fingers crossed :D