Author Topic: Idea for protective transparent glasses  (Read 4035 times)

Jaki

Idea for protective transparent glasses
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:15 am »
Hi everyone,

Until recently I had problems with protective transparent eyewear - in summer time I used black foam (from eyeeco) inside sunglasses but now in winter, when days are short, I was trying to find glasses that were not so dark and would be compleatly sealed (wind, cold) and still look reasonably normal.
When my husband accidentaly sit on my swimming goggles, the silicone layer came apart and it gave us a brilliant idea - we could close the left eye with the silicone from the swimming goggles.

I will attach the photos. I had been using a 7eye pair of glasses with insertable foam but the foam didn't fit tightly around the eye. The swimming goggles used were aquasphere (eagle eye). We used the non-acid transparent silicone glue.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Greetings, Jaki

Jaki

Re: Idea for protective transparent glasses
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:40:37 am »

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:34 am »
Tres chic!
You are very inventive.  Fortunately, my eye issues resolved in about five or six weeks, can't remember, but I'd surely fashion a pair of these if I needed them.
Patent it!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 09:34:12 am »
Very Cool !!!

Can you drive with them ??.... for me. that would be the best use... after long trips the eyes dry....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:41:42 am »
Brilliant IDEA!

I think you should patent the idea, mass produce, set up a booth at the next ANA symposium ... and sell these. ;D

Actually I am serious... 8)  these ARE very cool.

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jaki

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:54:09 am »
Joef, they have anti-fog coating but because they are completely sealed (the foam never seemed to keep the cold away from my eye), they start fogging after some time. I actually tried to walk outside in swimming goggles during winter but after 5 minutes, I couldn't see anything. Now if only left eye fogs, I don't mind, as long as it is comfortable. I guess you could drive in them if the difference in temperature was not too big.

Heh, perhaps we will patent them! :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 03:31:50 pm »
Jaki ~

Thanks for sharing this ingenious, practical idea!  I'm sure many of our members that struggle with eye issues will appreciate your creativity.  Nicely done.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 04:38:41 pm »
Seriously, a patent might be worth looking into.

Very creative, Jaki.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways