Author Topic: Intact Nerve Guaranteed to Work Again?  (Read 10332 times)

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
Re: Intact Nerve Guaranteed to Work Again?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 04:08:17 pm »
One of the many hard things about AN is the waiting...always having to wait...decide...wonder...at least that's how it feels to me. 
So I'm sending you some of my patience...I've managed to cultivate quite a bit of it since being diagnosed with this AN, and have found that it does indeed help to wait..both in matters of the mind, heart, and the body.  Our bodies are amazing; reading some of the posts here remiind me of that each time.  Lots of good advice about similar experiences, sites to visit, articles to read while you are (of course)  :)  ... waiting  !!!!

I know this post doesnt really answer anything you were asking about, but just know that lots of us out here are pulling for you and feel  for you,  and feel with you (as much as humanly possible!!)

Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »
dont give up am still seeing movement after 3 years
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

Darren

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 01:47:04 am »
Younger nerves tend to regroup better? Interesting..im 29....what constitutes young nerveS?

lori67

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 01:19:19 pm »
Darren,

That sounds young to me!  Maybe your nerves could lie about their age and say they're even younger!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Darren

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 06:10:48 pm »
Lori- LOL. I think my nerves just turned 21...that should get them to jump start!

Lyssa

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 10:10:00 am »
I spoke to another patient of my surgeon who is 38 and was told his "young nerves" would help in his facial nerve recovery.
26 yrs old.
Diagnosed Oct. 2008 with 2cm right-sided AN
Translab surgery Feb. 9/09 at Sunnybrook in Toronto
SSD & right-sided facial paralysis, nerve still intact and fingers crossed :D

Darren

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 04:16:17 pm »
I met with my Doctors yesterday and asked about the "young nerves" and they confirmed that there is literature out there that would suggest truth to it- One surgeon pointed out that if a 24 yr old and a 72 yr old were to get into the same auto accident naturally the 24 yr old would recover better overal.

opp2

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 10:01:29 am »
Aha! But who determines what 'young' is????:D

I of course am just a tender girl of 44.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

elderbirds

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:56 pm »
I was 39 at the time of my surgery and my surgeon referred to me as "younger" (at least when it came to my facial nerve status).  :)