Author Topic: Trigeminal nerve probles  (Read 2488 times)

Karen

Trigeminal nerve probles
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:21:37 pm »
How many of you have trouble with the trigeminal nerve      after AN surgery.  My face is numb and my eye on the AN sside.  But it still  feels like Novacaine and sometimes hurts just to touch it.  Have any of you tried goint ot a pain management place or a neurologist?  Karen  PS my surgery was almost 6 yearago.  Does it ever get better? 
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
Re: Trigeminal nerve probles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
Sorry to hear that Karen.  I struggled with Trigeminal pain before surgery, and had numbness after the surgery (still do actually, but it's almost healed and not bothersome).  I can relate to the frustration.

I bet there is something you can take if it's painful (actually, I know there is b/c before surgery I was on meds for the pain caused by the Trigeminal nerve), but I'm not sure if there is something to take for the numbness (?).

How frustrating that you're still dealing with it 6 years out.  (hugs).  Hope you find a solution, and fast.

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!