Author Topic: Got a date at the House Nov 16.  (Read 15085 times)

loose screws (tightened)

Re: Got a date at the House Nov 16.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 06:26:06 pm »
I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and good wishes. I honestly feel the sincerity in your prayers and good thoughts. Having gone through this you all have given me confidence that I wouldn't have had without you sharing your experiences.

No here's a very sincere THANK YOU to all forum members.
Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

Tina H

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 06:54:57 am »
Hi Mike,

Being a new person myself, I also appreciate this board of information and support.  Now we are members of an exclusive club haha.
Since my surgery is a week before yours hopefully I will have internet access and the ability to post here and give you the low down.  You can read so much stuff and everyone is different, that is kind of the scary part, not knowing what the recovery is going to be like.  Anyway,
I am sure the both of us will do well and hopefully be in a position to encourage others soon. I am sooooo ready to be on the other side of this.  My prayers are with you, I know what you are going through.

Tina

Noodle

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 10:39:47 am »
Good luck Mike on your surgery!

I had translab at House with Dr. Schwartz in August, you are in good hands and the nurses and staff at St. Vincent were wonderful!
2 cm right side an diagnosed 6/11/09
Translab 8/28/09 - House Dr. Robinson/Dr. Schwartz
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:23 am »
Hey Mike - just wanted to add my well wishes to everyone else's.  I know you'll be happy with your choice of surgeons - have heard nothing but great things about them!  As for Thanksgiving - you may not feel much like cooking it, but hopefully you'll have a great time eating it!  As exhausted as I sometimess got right after surgery, I never seemed to be too tired to get a fork to my mouth!!  ;)

Good luck!

Debbi (on the Right Coast)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »
Hi Mike,

Being a new person myself, I also appreciate this board of information and support.  Now we are members of an exclusive club haha.
Since my surgery is a week before yours hopefully I will have internet access and the ability to post here and give you the low down.  You can read so much stuff and everyone is different, that is kind of the scary part, not knowing what the recovery is going to be like.  Anyway,
I am sure the both of us will do well and hopefully be in a position to encourage others soon. I am sooooo ready to be on the other side of this.  My prayers are with you, I know what you are going through.

Tina

Likewise Tina, I will be sending you my best thoughts and wishes. Looking forward to reading about your recovery.
Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.

gingerbread6

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 06:51:47 am »
Hi Mike,

My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow. Good luck!!

Gingerbread6

Lilan

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 09:23:45 am »
Wishing you smooth going tomorrow, Mike!

(Well, tomorrow will be smooth, or you won't know anyway -- so also wishing you a smooth Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!)

Seems like yesterday, and/or a lifetime ago, that I was in the St. Vincent's holding area listening to "The View" with those white compression stockings on....

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
Mike .....

Thoughts and prayers for tomorrow and the days of recovery.  Looking forward to hearing your first "postie" posts!   ::)

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

another NY postie

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »
Mike,
Can't wait to hear about your outcome!!!!! You are going to be great...you got the scarf!  Can't wait to hear the details.  Sending you lots of prayers...by tomorrow night you will be on to the recovery stage of this journey!   :D
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

opp2

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 05:57:25 pm »
I'll be thinking of you, sending all the good vibes I can your way.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 06:20:45 pm »
Best wishes Mike... for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

loose screws (tightened)

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 06:46:21 pm »
Well this is it. I'll be posting on the post-op side next time.

I cannot believe the compassion here from all of you who have shared your experiences with me. I feel so confident going into this from everything you have shared with me. I just want to give you all a BIG THANKS.

Talk to you some time late next week. I'm going on vacation.
Mike

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 12:26:25 pm »
I am thinking that you are in surgery at this moment - and I am sending you all the good vibes, positive thoughts, healing energy, and good ju-ju I can!!  Good luck - you're almost a postie!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »
Mike,

Thinking of you today!  I'm sure things are going well.  I will pray for a very speedy recovery for you.

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

newmommyLA

• My Caring Bridge Journal
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:10 pm »
Mike,

Been thinking of you all day.  I know things are going well and can't wait to your about your successful outcome!  We're all here for you when you wake up.  Until then, let those nice nurses and doctors do their thing.  You're in great hands.

Amy
6mmx8mm AN rt side.  Mid-fossa surgery HEI House/Schwartz 10/28/09.  Temp facial paralysis (8 weeks), SSD, severe tinnitus & hyperacusis, tumor all gone.  12/23/09 cochlear nerve section (trying to reduce tinnitus) no major improvement on tinnitus. Trying biofeedback/neurofeedback for tinnitus.