Author Topic: Got a date at the House Nov 16.  (Read 15083 times)

loose screws (tightened)

Got a date at the House Nov 16.
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:12:46 pm »
After a lot of miss-communication between the house and my insurance I finally got a date with Dr. Brackmann and Schwartz.

Hope it doesn't interfere with my turkey and stuffing. That's my favorite holiday. If all goes well, it looks like I may have a lot more to be thankful about this year.

Mike
47 Y/O. diagnosed AN After MRI. 4X5X7mm within the right auditory canal. Slight hearing loss, ringing in ear, vertigo. Middle fossa with House Ear Clinics Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz on 11-16-09. 6 new tightened titanium screws but no more hearing.
http://mikessurgery.blogspot.com/

Vivian B.

Re: Got a date at the House Nov 16.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 07:39:40 pm »
Hi Mike,

Good luck on your surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery and prayers go out to you from Canada. Let us know how your are  doing.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 06:10:03 am »
Best of luck, Mike.

Did someone put your "date" on the AN Calendar yet?

House has a good reputation, I'm confident things will go well for you.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 06:12:23 am »
Good luck, Mike!

I hope nothing stands in the way of your turkey!  I'm sure it will taste better than ever this year!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 07:50:47 am »
Best Wishes for a speedy recvovery!  Mickey

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 08:18:11 am »
Mike,

Best of luck!  I'm glad they will be able to get you in so soon.  For me, the waiting is really hard, so I'm sure it is at least nice to have a specific date to look forward to.  House has such a good reputation, so I have no doubt that you are in the very best hands. 

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:07:40 pm »
Mike ~

Congratulations on your surgery date!  Many good thoughts and sincere prayers will go with you in two weeks. 

You're on the AN Treatment Calendar:  http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d16/11/2009?authenticate=&display=M&style=B

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:57 pm »
Hey Mike,

Good for you that your surgery is just around the corner! I'll be praying that the surgeons hands will be again guided to a successful outcome! Sonn you'll be on the road to recovery and be able to enjoy your future! Blessings to you for a speedy recovery.
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:41:47 pm »
Like you Mike, Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday.  In Canada we already had our turkey.  I hope your turkey will be as good as the one I prepared.  Wishing you all the best from Ontario Canada.  Just remember Phyl's famous quote "Inch by Inch and Day by Day"

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25:59 pm »
Hey Mike, Good luck to ya!! I'll be following in your footsteps as my surgery is Dec 9th.  If there's any tips you can offer for all things related to House/St. Vincent's after you get back, let me, as well as the rest of the forum, know about them (if you are up to it, of course!)...thanks!! :)
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Lilan

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:47:21 pm »
You'll do great. And after two weeks on steroids, you'll be RAVENOUS for that turkey!
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Desilu

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 10:04:03 pm »
Hi Mike,

You have a great team of surgeons. As you probably know, Dr. Brackmann is awesome and I can't say enough good about him. Dr Hitselberger used to team up with Dr. Brackmann but since his retirement, Dr. Brackmann has been working with Dr. Schwartz, another good surgeon. By the time Thanksgiving comes, you will out of the hospital and just about ready to come home. Enjoy that Turkey, it's a great day to give Thanks! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:49:13 am »
Mike,

Ok ok I know the shoulda-woulda-coulda syndrome I suffer from is not healthy… but that is “the team” I shoulda gone with … as I examined doors A B C … as a felt I was walking through some weird Dr. Seuss book, as a character, trying to make a surgical choice.

(The Seuss created character I think I most relate to is of course- Daisy Head Mazy)

Trust me you will not have screws loose after that team is done. I am in touch with a few ANA buddies who had excellent outcomes there -specifically with that team you have chosen. You have made a good choice. Know that your appetite for stuffing and gravy might not be what it was before surgery (as the whole thing affects your taste buds and appetite for a while- many of us can account for loosing weight after surgery) … Nevertheless I am confident you will have many blessings to count.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers - this month.

Peace be with you.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kiwi Don

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 04:04:16 pm »
Hey Mike,

Glad to hear you have your date, good luck for the surgery and I hope all goes well

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

suboo73

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 04:39:07 pm »
Mike,

I want to add my best wishes for an uneventful surgery on Nov. 16th.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family during this time.

Stay strong and it will be over before you know it.
Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W