Author Topic: 6 months Post GK ion Nov 4...MRI Nov 10  (Read 2649 times)

tatianne

6 months Post GK ion Nov 4...MRI Nov 10
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:12:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

My 6th month post GK MRI is coming up on Nov 10, next Tuesday...Im nervous a bit about what the results will be.

Im been very good up to the last few days in which ive been experiencing some dizzy or vertigo type spells that last
maybe a few seconds...I hate that feeling, I find it scary. Has anyone experienced this after GK ??

I thought I once remember reading certain side effects may pop up months after the treatment ? Anyone know what those may be ?

Just trying toi stay on top of things.

Im having a hearing test as well at the end of NOV but I feel my hearing is still stable.

Hope your all doing extremely well !

Hugs

T
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 6 months Post GK ion Nov 4...MRI Nov 10
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:13:35 pm »
Hi, Tatianne ~

I'm sure your 6-month MRI will be uneventful but experiencing pre-MRI nervousness is practically SOP for most of us.  Stress can do strange things.  I'm not an expert on post GK symptoms but I suspect that the usual swelling issues may be playing a part in whatever you're noticing and I'm pretty sure that these effects can take place months, years even, after the GK treatment has ended.

Good news about your hearing remaining stable.  Let's hope that continues! 

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Vivian B.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:47:26 pm »
Hi Tatianne,

It's good to hear from you. I can't answer your question as I have not had treatment yet, but wanted to wiish you the best of luck on your results. Just a thought, if you are having some symptoms, it may be very well that the treatment is working.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:35:33 pm »
I thought I once remember reading certain side effects may pop up months after the treatment ? Anyone know what those may be ?

Hey Tatianne! :)

yes, you read that things "may" crop up (key word being "may" ... we don't go looking for them to crop up, but are made aware in case they do so we can notify our treatment teams).  Sometimes, tumor swelling can cause enhanced tinnitus or hearing loss, balance issues.... or heck, nothing at all! Hoping its the latter.  Either way, plu-eeeze keep us updated on the visit to the Tube o' Gloom, know I am cheering you on... and most importantly, sending wellness wishes and healing hugglez to you!

Hang tough, m'dear!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"