Author Topic: This Week 11/22 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2955 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 11/22 in the AN Calendar World
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:29:52 pm »
A lot happened over the last week within our Forum Family, and to their extended families, and friends, and what touches their lives, that matters to all of us.

This will be a long posting.

I’d like to start this week’s update with a few things that were added to, or didn’t make it on to the AN Calendar. 

Jo (tenai98) went for her first follow-up MRI last Wednesday the 18th, and the results showed some regrowth.  Jo, though the doctors told you this was a possibility, we are sorry that it has become a reality.  We know that you are a fighter, and will keep you in our prayers that on 11/30/09 the doctors will have good news regarding your treatment options.  We’ll also hold good thoughts for your 1 year old grandson as he recovers from pneumonia.

Nancy’s (NancyMc) caregiver Dave went in the hospital last Wednesday for a blood clot in his leg.  Dave kept us all up to date during Nancy’s AN surgery.  Nancy, your post in the Caregivers section was very emotional.  We are very saddened to hear of Dave’s complications, you are both in our thoughts and prayers that every thing will turn out fine, and that he’ll be home soon.  Please take care of your self, not to get too run down, or under nourished.
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11134.msg128481#msg128481

Doc (DoctorB) celebrated his 52nd birthday yesterday.  We know you have been through a lot, and that your MRI showed signs of regrowth.  Hopefully the doctors will have good news for you tomorrow regarding treatment options for both the regrowth and your eye.  We will keep you in our prayers.  Though this may not have been your best birthday, everyone you get is precious just the same.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Doc :)

Brenda (Brendalu) found out last Tuesday that her youngest daughter’s best friend’s husband (Sheryl and Chris) has a slow leaking brain aneurysm, and until the swelling goes down they can’t operate.  We’ll keep Chris close in our prayers that they are able to operate soon, that the out come is good, and he recovers quickly.  We are also glad that your daughter and granddaughter were not seriously injured Friday in the car accident, sorry about your Jetta, but that’s replaceable.

Wendy’s (wendysig) great niece Lauren, who is only 7 months old, was born with a rare eye problem called aniridia, which means she was born without irises.  We pray this little girl’s future has hope that technology will have some tricks up it’s sleeve, and allow her to see with perfect clarity one day.

Now on to the AN Calendar:

Monday Jan (leapyrtwins) will demo both the BP100 & the Ponto Pro BAHAs.  It was nice of your neurologist to ask you to try them, he/she obviously values your opinion, as do we all.  It will be interesting to read what you have to say about them.  We hope you enjoy the experience of trying out the new technology.

Tuesday Kathy (volleymom) will be having retrosigmoid surgery.  Kathy we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery without complications, and a speedy recovery.  It would be great if your husband Greg is able to updated on your progress.

Wednesday Jay (jaylogs) will be celebrating his birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jay :)

Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.  Whether you live here in the U.S. or not we all have something to be thankful for.
Personally, I’d like to say how thankful I am that my wife Scarlett is alive, and came through her AN surgery so well.
I’m thankful for the talented surgeons that operated on her and all the staff that were involved in the whole process.
I’m thankful for the doctors and therapists that continue to help her along her AN Journey.
I’m thankful for the well being of my physical family.
I’m thankful for my own well being.
And finally I’m thankful for all of you here on the forum, my Virtual Family.

Continued prayers for daily improvements for those of you in recovery.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: This Week 11/22 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:49:01 pm »
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.  Whether you live here in the U.S. or not we all have something to be thankful for.
Personally, I’d like to say how thankful I am that my wife Scarlett is alive, and came through her AN surgery so well.
I’m thankful for the talented surgeons that operated on her and all the staff that were involved in the whole process.
I’m thankful for the doctors and therapists that continue to help her along her AN Journey.
I’m thankful for the well being of my physical family.
I’m thankful for my own well being.
And finally I’m thankful for all of you here on the forum, my Virtual Family.

..... and we are thankful for you, Rich, for compiling all of this information in one post.  It makes my prayer list easier to remember everyone!  ..... and you and Scarlett are included in my list, as well.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:17:55 pm »
Rich,

thank you SOOOO much for the time and energy you have put forth to note this week's updates.  That is a lot to keep track and I commend you for your diligence in keeping us all updated!  MAJOR hugglez for job well done!  :-*

Dr. Phyl would like to extend a belated happy *coff* 25th bday to Doc... and hang in there!

So much going on last week and this week. I send wellness wishes to all that are enduring such difficult times right now. All are in my thoughts and prayers....... A difficult time, no doubt.  I'm with you all in heart and spirit.

As for Thanksgiving (US)...... I count my blessings every day, trying to make each day "thanksgiving" in my world.  There are those days that I am definately not at my best, but I am thankful for each day that I awake, open my eyes to a new day, feel blessed for all those in my life (yes, including my "virtual" family) and for the love I feel from those that surround my world.  In light of personal, economic, emotional hardships, my hope is that everyone has a good thanksgiving.. .and I will be thinking of you all!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:59:25 pm »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the update for this week's calendar.  The time and energy you put into keeping all of us informed is very much appreciated.  I am very thankful for this as this year I have once again had a lot on my plate and would otherwise have not kept anywhere near up to date on my own.

Jo, I am so sorry to hear that you have a regrowth -- it is something no one ever wants to hear.  Please keep us posted as to what your docs have to say.  I'm also sending good wishes and prayers for your grandson.  I hope he recovers quickly from his bout of pnemonia.

Nancy - I looked for the post Rich mentioned but didn't find it.  I hope Dave will be okay.  I will add him to my prayers.

DocB -- wising you a belated Happy Birthday.  This one is not one of the better ones, but every one we have is a cause for celebration.   

Brenda - I hope your daughter and granddaughter are feeling better.  As Rich pointed out, the car is replacable but they are not.  Chris and his family continue to be in my prayers.

Again, my thanks to those of you who responded to my post about my great niece.  Since Mandy was nice enough to offer to put my niece in touch with a former neighbor who has the same condition and had surgery that improved it, I sent her my niece's e-mail address  so they can get in touch.  I'm hoping that this will be a big step toward improving things for Lauren.

Jan, I'm really looking forward to hearing what your impression of Ponto and the BP100 are.  Please keep us posted.

Kathy - Good luck on Tuesday.  I'm hoping that you get through your surgery with flying colors and that it turns out to be another thing for all of us to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jay -  I'm sending early wishes for a Happy Birthday.

Wising all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.  We do all have a lot to be thankful for.

Best to all,
Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 09:21:37 pm »
Do you ever feel like you just need a hot fudge sundae?  
This has been one of the most beautiful autumns in New England that I can remember.  But it has been one of the most difficult personally as well.  I won't elaborate.  
Thank you, Rich, for your comforting words not only to me but to everyone who is having sadness in his or her life.  Jo, I'm sorry you're having to go through any more treatment.  You're one tough cookie, so if anyone can beat it, you can.  You, too, Doc.  Keep us posted and best of luck.
Brenda and Wendy, sorry for the difficulties your family and friends have to endure.
Good luck, Kathy.
Have fun, Jan.
Happy Birthday to the birthday boys past and future.
I remain extremely grateful.
Whipped cream and walnuts, please.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:46:11 pm »
Rich ~

Please accept my thanks yet again for your diligence in compiling and posting the weekly updates.  Adding the various unforeseen problems that arose this past week is very considerate and much appreciated by all, I'm sure.

We're all rooting for Jo - and hoping that she doesn't have a re-growth, but we know she'll handle whatever comes her way.  Her little grandson remains in our collective thoughts and prayers. 

My heart goes out to Nancy Mc for her very valid concern over Dave's blood clot.  I met them at the April ANA brunch in Worcester, Massachusetts.  I certainly wish the best for Dave and I'm confident that Nancy will remain strong as she helps him deal with this unexpected (aren't they all?) health crisis.  They are both in the prayers of many.

Doc has sure had a struggle and it apparently isn't quite over, yet.  However, he seems to be a resilient guy and I believe he'll come out of this in pretty good shape.  I neglected to wish him a happy birthday on his thread but I'll do it now: Happy Birthday, Doc!  :)

Brenda's daughter's friends husband (Chris) has our prayers that this serious situation will eventually have a positive outcome.  Although we were sorry to read about the car accident, we were happy to learn that Brenda's daughter and granddaughter were not injured.  Sort of a 'bad news - good news' deal.  :)

I can only echo your statement about Wendy’s great niece Lauren, born with aniridia, (a rare eye problem).  Our prayers are sent for the baby (7 months old) and her family as they deal with this issue.

My best thoughts and prayers go out to Kathy ('volleymom') as she undergoes retrosigmoid AN removal surgery.  I'm confident that she'll do great.

Kudos to our intrepid poster Jan - she of the 6,000+ posts - and her demo of the new BAHA units.  Her input will be much appreciated, I'm certain. 

Last (but certainly not least) - Happy Birthday to Jay!

Thursday will be Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.  I know we all have a multitude of things to be thankful for.  I won't even try to list all of mine but I'm sure we could collectively make quite a long list.  I'll just settle for my overall good health, being with the love of my life - my wife - the lovely and charming Tina and of course, my opportunity to correspond with so many good folks via these forums.  I'm definitely blessed. 

I trust that everyone can find a blessing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day - and I hope they'll try.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.