Author Topic: Question regarding our fears  (Read 8093 times)

thecakes

Re: Question regarding our fears
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 03:37:12 pm »
  My biggist fear was --none at all.  After being on this sight and learning more about the tumor, I would have some fears but I just found who I thought was a good dr. and put all my trust in him.  He said "not to worry, 5 day stay, no pain, etc.  I was dumb inough to believe that.  Not that he was'nt good but things can and do go wrong.  Knowing everything I know now, my biggest fear would be headaches and my face being messed up.  I was more concerned with who's going to cook the meals and wash the cloths and clean the house while i recover.

Battyp

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 05:22:30 pm »
I was like cakes in that regard...but was scared something would happen to make my son and orphan and that broke my heart.  I cried more over that possibility vs. the fact I had a brain tumor.

SKT

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 08:24:59 pm »
Great post Sue. Feeling bad about feeling bad is one of the worst things some of us cope with.  I do feel guilty when i start feeling sorry for myself when my tinniuts drives me insane, because I know I should be grateful for all that i have because there are so many people out there who have horrid things to deal with.  But you're right. Your feelings are your feelings.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 08:36:52 pm »
Great post Sue. Feeling bad about feeling bad is one of the worst things some of us cope with.  I do feel guilty when i start feeling sorry for myself when my tinniuts drives me insane, because I know I should be grateful for all that i have because there are so many people out there who have horrid things to deal with.  But you're right. Your feelings are your feelings.

Thank you.  Sometimes we are feeling so grateful that it's not worse, we forget to deal with the crap we are dealing with.  My husband had a heart problem last November and had to have stents put in his heart.  We're still dealing with that issue: that he has had a "silent heart attack" at some point and that he certainly could have had a major heart attack. His doctor said he was very lucky.  Then, my hearing/ear problems turn out to be a brain tumor!?  Holy Mother of God!  We need a vacation. Wonder if there's room on Capt. Deb's boat...?
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Battyp

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 09:58:40 pm »
Well said Sue...

You know you're going to get your tumor fixed and you diabetes is going to be GONE....If it happened to me it can happen to you so keep the faith!   :-*

shoegirl

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 09:09:03 am »
Intially - I had so many fears.  Loss of hearing, facial paralysis, surgery, and how life may be (for me and my children)?  I found peace after I made my decision to have CK.  I would be lying if I said I don't worry about things now.  I do - sometimes.  Now my fears are will it die, shrink, continue growing and/or at some point regrow.  But mostly I am thankful and feel grateful that life is good right now.   I read and hear so many stories that give me strength and courage. All of you one way or another have helped me directly or indirectly with this - Thank you!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

SKT

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 08:28:42 am »
Yes, Sue - you need a nice RELAXING holiday with your husband!!!!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 09:37:02 am »

Thank you.  Sometimes we are feeling so grateful that it's not worse, we forget to deal with the crap we are dealing with.  My husband had a heart problem last November and had to have stents put in his heart.  We're still dealing with that issue: that he has had a "silent heart attack" at some point and that he certainly could have had a major heart attack. His doctor said he was very lucky.  Then, my hearing/ear problems turn out to be a brain tumor!?  Holy Mother of God!  We need a vacation. Wonder if there's room on Capt. Deb's boat...?

AAAAARRRRRRR!
This here vessel, The Good Ship Princess Batty Wench, belongs to all o' us AN wenches and blokes!  Meself just be the Designated Driver!  Welcome aboard!  For the full adventures, read the Good Morning thread--ye are welcome ter post there, too!

Anchors Aweigh!
Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW