Author Topic: BP 100 ~ FEEDBACK???  (Read 2035 times)

kma

BP 100 ~ FEEDBACK???
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:59:36 am »
I know the BP-100 is still new but does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to get rid of the feedback I get?  It seems like if anyone stands near it and even sometimes just sitting here I get crazy feedback.  I also get it when I first get into my car.  Seems like it's talking to the beeps in my car or even maybe my work computer????  I've turned it down and that helps a little but I can't hear as well when it's turned down.  Any suggestions? 

Kathy
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!

Kaybo

Re: BP 100 ~ FEEDBACK???
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:20:05 am »
I think that "sefra" is having problems with feedback too...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sefra22

Re: BP 100 ~ FEEDBACK???
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:50 pm »
Hi Kathy,
I have been experiencing everything you are. I have been back to my audiologist (Abby) 3 times for re-programming. She turned OFF the feedback manager, which helped to reduce the feedback, and put it on the "music" setting.

But, it seems that my BP100 does not "hold" the programming, so a day later I am back where I started.

For the last week, I have just been pushing the middle button, and it seems to work. But, whenever I am near an alarm, (which is a lot in a Music store), it reacts to the tones.
Abby said she believes the device thinks the alarm is feedback, so it is reacting to that.

On Tues. I will get the chance to meet with a Cochlear rep, and I am hoping we can fix it once and for all.

I will keep you posted!

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009