Author Topic: When there is nothing you can do....  (Read 3851 times)

petgroomer

• Love to live... Live to love...
    • Vagal Schwannoma
When there is nothing you can do....
« on: October 17, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
I am writing in here,, not for me but for a girl I just met online today.
She had a vagal schwannoma and it was 5 cm.  She had it surgically removed and now she cannot speak and is/was on a feeding tube however she can drink ensure but it is very difficult for her to swallow.  BEFORE her surgery, she was non symptomatic. 
It makes me sit back and look at my own condition and be thankful.  However, it also makes me want to reach out and help her so much!! Make her feel better.
I only wish there was something I could do for her to make her hurt and confusion go away.  To let her know things will be ok, but I cannot say that. 
I asked her to join this forum and hopefully she will!!!
I needed to write on here regarding this as I am feeling so terrible for her!!!
Rhonda
JULY 2009 found 5.6 cm X 4 cm vagal schwan on the 10th cranial nerve and by MAY 2010 it grew to 7.1 cm X 4 cm X 4.1 cm  Nov 2010 it has grown another 10%... time for C.K.! :)
I love life but I'm finding it harder to do .. one millimetre at a time.
www.vagalschwannoma.com 
www.allinonepetcare.co

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: When there is nothing you can do....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:20:25 pm »
Hi Rhonda,

I've moved this to the "Cognitive/Emotional Issues" forum..... as this is a tough, emotional situation watching another go through a difficult, trying time and having to deal with your own in the process.   As those on this forum are mostly AN'ers and although the situations are somewhat different, we do understand the emotional roller coaster many endure as many of us here have had to live through it as well. My hope is that this person tries to take each day as it comes (and for all AN'ers here) and try to do our best.... to be thankful that we are still "here" to "be" and try to deal with each challenge presented to us as best as we can.

Wellness wishes to this person... and to you...... and to all AN'ers on this site that deal with challenges that we all hoped we'd never endure but try to overcome.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

Re: When there is nothing you can do....
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »
Rhonda,

I hope she joins us too.  It makes you feel better to know you're not alone and that there are so many people out there to support you when you need it.

I hope she is able to stay positive and overcome her challenges.  Thank you for bringing her to our attention.  I think it's a good reminder to all of us that there are others out there with bigger problems than our own.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.