I am very curious also about the questions Jan posed, I also have it pictured as a retainer like device so it's hard for me to imagine eating with it in place...inquiring minds want to know!
Hi Kaybo, thanks for the reminder. Jan, I will try to answer your questions:
In another occasion I posted my comments about the cleaning issue, so I paste it here again:
- "To wear the SoundBite is simple; the ITM (In The Mouth) is easy to wear and does not affect your speech or eating. It is not visible when you are smiling. â€¦
...Cleaning is easy, just rinse the ITM with water or clean with dental cleansing wipes (the ones used for retainers). The BTE is just cleaned as needed with a Q-tip.â€
- Wearing the device the first few days was a bit uncomfortable, but I got accustomed after the first week, the side where the ITM was located it was little sore at the end of the day, but again, the discomfort experienced was gone in the second week
-Regarding the part of â€œgunked up with foodâ€ It is pretty much the same concept like when I was wearing braces in the past, no bid deal ,
- I am not an expert, so I can not answer the question about the longevity vs drinking hot and cold beverages.
- I donâ€™t know what do you mean with â€œawkwardâ€. For instance, many people consider awkward to wear dental braces, while others like them. The purpose of wearing them is what matters.
- There is a website where you can see how a SoundBite looks like, the link is http://www.soundbitehearing.com/
Again, please note that I am posting according to my experience. I am not trying to sell the product and I am being honest as much as possible.