Author Topic: MRI New Findings  (Read 8764 times)

Vivian B.

Re: MRI New Findings
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 08:03:04 am »
Hi Phyl, Cheryl and Jackie,

It's great to have everyone's support. As you all know no matter how understanding the ones around you may be, it's never the same as the ones that have gone through the same experience. Thanks for all your advice.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Kiwi Don

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 03:12:34 pm »
Hi Vivian,

This is the news none of us want to hear, all I can say is "Take A Breather" you in are in good hands and there is all our support behind you.
Hang in there kid, prayers are with you from afar

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

Vivian B.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 07:45:45 am »
Hi Don,

Thank you. I am trying to come to terms with it. It is starting to settle in. I am just anxious for my consultation.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Tumbleweed

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 12:46:36 am »
Hi, Vivian:

My AN went through a similar growth spurt about a year and a half ago. I was shocked and dismayed. I took my doctor's advice and scheduled treatment. Looking back now, it was totally the right thing to do. You may be scared (you have a right to be), but just know that everything is going to turn out okay. Your doctors are on top of this situation. You're in good hands.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

DHJ

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 12:56:56 pm »
        Hi Vivian      We appear to be at the point in our wait and watch journey.I have been watching my AN grow for over 2 years now. My 5 MRIs have been at MEEI on the same machine and My AN has grown from 1.9CM to 2.2CM and Dr. McKenna thinks that treatment should start some time within the next 6 months. Dr. McKenna thinks that my particular tumor should not be allowed to grow beyond 2.5CM which to me seems rather large. I am exploring surgery and proton treatment at MGH but can not decide. I seem to lack the confidence or will to do so. Just plain scared I guess. It seems that my AN's will decide when it needs to be dealt with (through my Doctors of course) and at that point I must find the will (courage) to proceed.Wait and watch does not last forever at my age 54.
                          I have read the replies to your post and find them helpful.There are many who made the decision we now face and have done well.I find comfort in their experiances and advice.       
                          Good Luck with your Doctors Appt.                  Peace David
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

Vivian B.

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 05:22:50 am »
Hi TW and David

Thank you both for your good thoughts and advice. I am overwhelmed at how helpful everyone has been. I thank my daughter everyday for finding this forum for me. It has become a comfort for me as well to provide advice or some warm thoughts to those that need it.

David,

I guess we are at pretty much the same stages. It is a scary thought, but when I look around the forum and see how well people have done regardless of their battles, it's comforting to know that there is life after an AN. I know that you will come to the right decision. I am kind of looking forward to being a "postie".

Vivian