Author Topic: Sluggish Thyroid?  (Read 9369 times)

lholl36233

Re: Sluggish Thyroid?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 05:24:07 pm »
I have an underactive thryoid.  Had it since age 15.  I'm 37.  I take .175 mg of synthroid.

My mother and sister also have an underactive thyroid but they don't have a hemangioma like me.
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 09:15:43 am »
Although I don't have a sluggish thyroid, I do have thyroid nodules.  Had them aspirated about 5 or 6 years ago and they grew back.  I had a young endocrinoligist say, "don't worry, if you need surgery it only would affect you if you're a soprano!  Ha-ha giggle." 
I then informed her that indeed I was a soprano and, though not dependant on this for my livelihood, enjoyed my singing very much. 
Sharon

suz

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 09:56:37 pm »
Hello, I will join the Acoustic Neuroma and Thyroid problem club too!  I do not have a deviated septum though, but I do have an extra tooth that grows upwards into my right nostril! Beat that!
I actually had thyroid cancer 5 years ago and had surgery plus the radioactive iodine treatment that so many of you have talked about.  This is an odd connection, but thyroid problems are very very common in the general population so wouldn't be so surprising to find a bunch of us with this problem. But it is curious. Is there any kind of registry for these medical issues that occur along with AN's?
Suz
Tumor 1.8cms x 1.5 cms x .5 cm;partially removed 7/14/10 by Drs. Friedman & Schwartz of House Ear Clinic in LA. Moderate SS hearing loss.
Re-growth approximate 3 mm per year; GK planned for 12/2017.
Philadelphia, PA area

Vivian B.

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:03:49 am »
Hi there,

Mine is o.k. so far. Probably not related to AN issues.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:19 pm »
Suz, thanks for making me laugh.  No, I can't beat that!
You're a hoot.
Sharon

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »
I am late to respond but the tooth growing up to the nose is pretty unusual...........wondering if you had to have it removed? 
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!