Author Topic: Week Three Update  (Read 2483 times)

KJ

• kate's corner
Week Three Update
« on: December 06, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »
Hi All,
I've just finished with week three of my radiation treatments and wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that I'm doing just fine. I have good days and bad days.  Sometimes this tumor swells and hearing on that side is minimal.  The tinnitus is more pronounced when it is swollen also, but overall everthing is going so well. I haven't even had any noticable headaches and very little dizziness. I have my treatments at the end of my work day and I do notice that I am more fatigued after dinner than usual, but by next morning I'm up and ready to go again.  I'm still so happy that I chose this type of treatment. I won't be finished until December 23rd, so I will drop by occasionally to give you an update.
Kate
58yr, married, no children.  Recently diagnosed with 10mm AN on left side.  70% hearing loss, tinnitus, some balance problems.  Previous mastoid eardrum replacements in both ears resulting in 60% loss on right side.  Currently considering treatment options.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Week Three Update
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:42 pm »
Kate ~

Thanks for the update.  May your treatments continue to be basically uneventful and produce a positive result with few side effects.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 05:49:43 pm »
Kate -

thanks for the update.  It's good to hear that things are going well.

Looking forward to the next update,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

KJ

• kate's corner
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 06:07:13 pm »
Hi Jan and Jim,

I hope I have nothing but good news to report all the way through.  So far, this has been a breeze.

Kate
58yr, married, no children.  Recently diagnosed with 10mm AN on left side.  70% hearing loss, tinnitus, some balance problems.  Previous mastoid eardrum replacements in both ears resulting in 60% loss on right side.  Currently considering treatment options.

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:17:05 am »
Hi Kate,

That's great that you are doing well. Keep it up!

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.