Author Topic: New CK patient  (Read 13451 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New CK patient
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 02:12:53 pm »
ok, jealous that you both get to enjoy this... will have to see about N.E. Clam chowda' and shopping post treatment Monday.... :)

Teasely, hope you are doing well! :)

Teasely,

Glad to hear your first CK treatment went so well. It is important now that you cap off your third and final treatment in the tradition of those of us who have had CK at Stanford in the past. Drive down the street from Blake Wilbur to the California Cafe for lunch or dinner and have a toast with a glass of wine. It's the only way to finish the experience  :D

Mark
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 06:28:10 pm »
Phyl we'll have to celebrate with a glass of wine on our phone call.... ;D

teasely

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 07:32:04 pm »
Well, day 2 went much the same.  Interestingly, the time doesn't pass as slow as you might imagine on the table.  I was surprised when it was over.  Feeling well overall.  In spite of the warning that Decadron might interfere with sleep, I slept rather well.  The only thing that's going on is a very low grade fever.  I asked the doc today (some new guy) and he kind of shrugged.  Has anyone experienced this after CK?  I know I shouldn't worry, but a little more reassurance would have been nice!  Who knows, maybe I'm just getting a bug. 

Last day tomorrow, and I will celebrate.  Perhaps a margarita would be in order.

Kilroy1976

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 07:36:12 am »
The fever is something to ask your "real" doctor about. Decadron can hit your immune system.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 09:27:51 am »
bp, you are on! :)

teasely, have been emailing the radio-oncology nurse this morning re: my treatments next week. Did ask her about low-grade fever. She did note that sometimes, folks do get one.   Thrilled to hear your treatments are going great and time to celebrate your last zap! :)  Next Friday, hoping to be celebrating mine as well! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

shoegirl

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 09:39:16 am »
Teasely,

Glad to hear day 2 went well for you.  I am sure today will to, I would ask the nurse or your Radiation Oncologist about the fever.  I didn't have one but I didn't take the decadron either. 

Yes, you need to celebrate tonight when you are all done - Cheers!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

teasely

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »
Thanks for asking about the fever, Phyl.  My radiation oncologist didn't think it was normal, but assured me not to worry (so I won't!).  But you're follow up makes me feel even better.  Anyway, my final treatment was today.  I still feel fine and just want to get on with life.  I'll go in 6 months for followup MRI and audiogram.  I just can't believe how fortunate we are to have this option available.  If I had surgery, I'd still be in the hospital.  Yay for the Cyberknife!

Battyp

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »
Teasley did you celebrate the last treatment? 

I'm thinking we need to have a big post treatment celebration with you and Phyl and anyone else who's done/doing treatments right now!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2006, 09:31:46 pm »
YAY Teasely!!!!!!  It's done, it's overwith and life goes on hun!  You did it!!!!!!! :)  I'm with the batty-one... time to party! :)

6  months for MRI and audiogram? That's awesome!  I'm so glad for you!  Teasely, you helped bring me more peace of mind.. thank you.  Keep us posted as the days go on to how you are doing.  Will be watching and reading... I'm on your heels! :)

Phyl