Author Topic: Completed Cyberknife Treatment  (Read 6297 times)

JoyDiane

• 1.3cm, R. side, 53 yrs. old, CK, 9/30/09,Stanford
Re: Completed Cyberknife Treatment
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 10:15:40 am »
Hi Brenda,

My tumor was 1.3 c.m.  My cyberknife went well as far as I know.  I still have slight headaches as I've had since treatment.  If I take 2 ibuprofen when I feel it come on it usually does the trick.  I'm still quite tired in the evenings but I've been back at work full time since the week after treatment.  I also seem to have slightly more tinnitus in that ear, nothing unmanageable but I notice it more than the pre-treatment tinnitus I had.  I don't go back for my MRI for another 5 months.  I presume my tumor has swelling and that is what's causing the headaches and greater tinnitus but not sure.  Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
Take care,
JoyDiane

Vivian B.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »
Hi JoyDiane,

Congratulations on your treatment. It sounds like you had a posiitive experience.

Steve,

I think you described it prettty well. There is no surgarcoating the options that we are faced with, that's for sure. You gave me the laugh I needed today. Thanks.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:29 am »
Hi usugar1,

My suggestion is: relax. :)

Cyberknife treatment is nothing like going through surgery. Some people take a relaxing pill a half hour before each treatment, just to make it easier to lie still. I didn't take anything, but if you think you want something, just ask. The main thing is to keep your eyes closed, so the big machine eye doesn't startle you when it looms overhead. Just keep your eyes closed and think about sunny beaches. Sometimes they let you bring in your own music - pick something soothing. I suspect that with the AN already operated on, you will not experience many effects after the radiation treatment either.

Say Hi to Boppie for us, if you get a chance.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.