Author Topic: Random Headaches  (Read 3064 times)

Nani

• It's not rocket science. Just brain surgery.
Random Headaches
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:16:05 pm »
I don't have anything like the headaches I had pre-surgery.  I do have weird little headaches across the left side of my head.  Sometimes it throbs on and off.  A couple of times I got a nasty pain that just shot across that side.  It seriously hurt and was enough to make me stop everything.  Weird?
- AN surgery 3-17-09. 3.8 x 5.1cm tumor.  1 month in the hospital and a couple in ST, OT and PT.

*People are always going to be behind you telling you you can't.  The important thing is to turn around and say 'watch me'.

TP

Re: Random Headaches
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:33:07 am »
I had similar situations after my surgery, never really had any bad headaches but I would get sharp pains that I never experienced before my surgery. However, I've said several times in my posts that if I feel a headache or strange pain start in my head I will take aspirin immediately and I find that I don't have any problems. That has been my only pain pill of choice, Mr. Bayer....
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

teffaz

• We read to know we're not alone.
Re: Random Headaches
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 02:52:29 pm »
For the first couple of months post op, I did not have headaches. I was beginning to hope that the surgeons removed something that had caused my headaches that I had had for years. Alas, the migraines came back. I've been reading about sleep apnea, and how that can cause morning headaches, so I'm going to pursue that. . . .

Best,
Teff (Brenda)
1.5 cm. x .5 cm AN
translab May 2009
SSD (before surgery as well as after)
grateful for incredible surgeons: Dr. Porter & Dr. Syms
Barrow Neurological Institute; Phoenix