Author Topic: Wish Me Luck  (Read 8380 times)

sgerrard

Re: Wish Me Luck
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 12:33:33 am »
Denise,

I'm not sure I would pick a saxophone for serenading just before AN surgery - but I guess it's the thought that counts.  ;)

Best wishes for a great surgery and smooth recovery.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

mellowrama

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 01:40:26 pm »
Hi Goldie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom!  Sounds as if you're doing great with attitude and your resources!

I had a similar experience with failed radiation and facial issues - which is how I discoverd the tumor, and its regrowth via numbness, tingling and little stinging on my face.
I had no problems at all with temporary or permanent facial paralysis, the tumor was sticky but the docs left a sliver and its all good.

best wishes for you, melinda
22mm x 19mm x 12mm CyberKnife  9/25/2006 BNI Dr. Daspit/Dr. Smith/Dr. Brachman
Failed radiation - regrowth to 2.6cm 
Translab Surgery w/ House Docs 8/26/2009 Dr. Friedman, Dr. Schwartz, SSD, tinnitus. 
Baha surgery with Dr. Baker in OKC nov 2009
Baha revision surgery by Dr. Horn in ABQ 8/2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:17:48 pm »
Denise ~

I checked out the Caringbridge website and your entry.  Loved the photo of you, your husband, Nathan and his saxophone!  I' grew up on 'early' rock and roll music (and was a radio D.J. for 25 years) when the 'sax' was an integral part of almost every hit record.  I always admired Boots Randolph, King Curtis, Stan Getz, John Coltrane and others who made the sax an important part of modern music.     

Know that the warm thoughts and sincere prayers for a successful surgery will go with you, tomorrow. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.