Author Topic: 6 month post surgery update  (Read 5443 times)

joebloggs

Re: 6 month post surgery update
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 04:42:45 pm »
Hello lovers!

The walk went fantastically well... I was doing great until about the 15 mile mark.  The tiredness got me - but I kept going!  I think because it was the middle of the night - it's one thing to walk 20 miles during the day... a whole 'nother thing to do it in the middle of the night.  I finished just after 6am and was so happy!  A couple of days later and I was good as gold!  The following weekend I went off to Belgium to eat copious amounts of food and walk all weekend - no probs to report headwise.... apart from the fact my French is crap, my Flemish is non-existant and my German is worse, however those head issues don't have anything to do with my former AN!

Here's some walk pics:

Me and Aims at the start, eager beavers at Tower Bridge

Me stuffing my face half way through

At one of our stops in the night - the Royal Horse Guards.. here's one of them sans horse!

Lanterns on the journey
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: 6 month post surgery update
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »
Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing the images.  I didn't know it was a night hike.  Cool.
See you soon.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness