Author Topic: Have Date for Baha surgery  (Read 2062 times)

Richey

Have Date for Baha surgery
« on: September 10, 2009, 08:25:47 am »
I have a date for the baha of Oct 8th, decided not to use the VA and will be done at The Medical College of Georgia.  Will let you know how things turn out. Have a weeks vacation and a class reunion right before that date that should keep my mind occupied and hopefully somewhere around the first of the year or a little earlier I can snap the thing on. They did order the BP-100 model.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Have Date for Baha surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:34:39 pm »
Richey ~

I'm sure your BAHA surgery will be successful.  Having the vacation and class reunion just beforehand should help relax you.   Let us know how the surgery goes.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »
Very exciting news, Richey!   ;D  Congratulations on the "date".

I think you'll like your BAHA as much as I like mine.

When you get a chance, please PM your mailing address to Lori (lori67) so she can send you one of our Official BAHA Recovery Kits - a freebie that she and I like to send to all new BAHA patients.

Thanks!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Richey

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »
Thank you so much, Jan.