Author Topic: CK complete  (Read 3411 times)

foodsmarts

CK complete
« on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:09 pm »
Hi All. CK at Stanford with Drs. Chang and Soltys complete August 21st. I was painting cabinets on the 22nd and felt great - more stable than I've been for months. After a week, I returned to my normal wobbliness but everything else is great. I have felt nothing but a little pressure
on the top of the head. Of course, I'm expecting to experience some symptoms down the road, as the tumor swells, but the procedure itself was
very easy to tolerate. As someone on this forum reported, a tooth cleaning can be more taxing. I was very well informed by the doctors in the pre-treatment briefing and the techs and support staff were excellent.

Thanks to everyone for all the information that helped me make my decision. This forum is such a help.

Helen
5.4mm X 3.2mm X 3.88 mm at diagnosis 8/28/08; 1.1 cm X .5 cm 6/16/09; CK Stanford Drs. Chang and Soltys 8/19/09

Vivian B.

Re: CK complete
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:50:45 pm »
Hi Helen,

Congratulations on the completion of your treatment. I wish you all the best and success in your recovery process.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

GRACE1

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:55 am »
Good for you.  My thoughts and prayers for continued healing.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:56 am »
CK Postie!

Another item you can check off of your to do list. :)

Congratulations, and I hope you have a gentle first six months.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:28 am »
Hey Helen,

I'm not sure if you saw my post on the CK forums, but will note here a hearty congrats to you for being a "toastie postie" :)  Sending wellness wishes that things will be smooth in the coming months.. and we're here to help if we can. 

Hang in there... and again, congrats!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 02:57:05 pm »
Hi, Helen ~

I''d like to add my congratulations on your successful CK session.  Although no two AN patients have the identical outcome with any procedure, you seem to be doing splendidly.  This should be encouraging for those AN patients contemplating the CyberKnife procedure.  I trust your post-radiation life will remain relatively serene and the AN will quietly croak, giving you no further trouble.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Tumbleweed

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »
Hi, Helen:

Congratulations on completing your CK treatments, a true milestone in your life!

Please know that if you get any side effects down the road, they will be short-lived and don't portend long-term problems. I had unusually extreme reactions to CK in the short term but it has turned out to be a miracle treatment for me. I feel so much better now than I did before treatment, and my tumor has shrunk dramatically.

I am holding you in my thoughts and wishing you the same great recovery. Congrats on being a toasy postie!!!!!!!!!!   :)

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

eab

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:36:51 pm »
Congratulations! It's wonderful to be on this side of making the decision and actually getting it done.  Here's to continued success, no side effects and a dead tumor!

Beth
Left side AN 2.5x1.7x1.5cm, limited hearing loss, limited tin., good balance
GK 7/6/09 Hoag Hospital; MRIs at 2, 6 & 12 months show no change in tumor size - hearing etc. same as before GK.