Author Topic: Got my BP100 today!  (Read 1892 times)

Sefra22

Got my BP100 today!
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »
First of all, I need to have some programming done next month. The audiologist has not been trained (on programming) yet, but she showed me how to change the batteries, clean it, store it, etc.

It was odd to hear my own voice when I first put it own. She said a lot of people are surprised by that at first. I had the CD player on in the car as I drove back to work, and was amazed that I could hear the music when I plugged my hearing ear.

It is kind of annoying that I can hear my hair bristle every time I turn my head, I have a lot of hair, and I'm constantly putting it behind my ear, running my finger through it, etc. I also don't think I will be able to wear it while I am sitting on my couch since it is high backed, and my head kept rubbing up against it.

It also squeals while I try to put it on. Once it's in place, it stops, but the sound is awful.

I know things will get better once it is calibrated and I get used to it, it's only been a few hours.

I really AM excited ;D
Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Got my BP100 today!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:31:06 pm »
Lisa -

I can relate to your excitement!!  My BAHA gotcha day will go down in history as one of the best post AN days of my life  ;D

It is very odd to hear your own voice, but rest assured that in a very short time (most likely days) you will fail to notice this at all.  You get used to it very fast.

You'll also get used to sitting on your couch and at some point will unconsciously remember not to let your head rub against the back of it.

My biggest "issue" when I got my Divino was learning how to attach it (remember, rock it on) since I obviously can't see the back of my head.  I thought I'd never get the hang of it.  But eventually I did and it didn't take long at all - these days I'm an old pro at it and can attach it one handed  ;D

Also, I never turn my Divino on until it's been attached to my head - it avoids the squealing sound.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways