Author Topic: When did you have your first post MRI??  (Read 6578 times)

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
Re: When did you have your first post MRI??
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 08:29:14 pm »
Although they believe my AN was completely removed on May 26th of this year, my first follow up MRI was on Oct. 2nd.  I find out on Monday what they saw in there.  I anticipate that *if* there ever was a day I would find out there was something there still growing, it would be in a future (1 year? 2 years?) MRI.  Having said that, I'm still glad they did one right away.  Hope you get this sorted out soon so you can put it to rest once and for all!

Adrienne
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

wendysig

Re: When did you have your first post MRI??
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 07:30:58 am »
Julie,

I just thought I'd throw my two cents worth of advice in.   Do ask your ENT to order an MRI.    My doc also said he removed the whole tumor, but as Jan pointed out, even one cell left behind can regrow, however small the chances for regrowth are (1 - 2%).  As the others have said -- followup is  important, even if it's only for your peace of mind -- which you are entitled to by the way, in my opinion.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!