Author Topic: Got my Date!!  (Read 2051 times)

Melissa778

Got my Date!!
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:41 pm »
After all the ups and downs and other surgical procedures over the past few moths I have finally got the OK to go ahead and do my BAHA!!  Got my date set today for my BAHA, Oct. 7th, which is not that far off!  I'm pretty excited :)  Just wanted to share some positive news for a change :)

I do have one question for those who have already had the BAHA procedure.....How much hair will they be taking from me this time around?  I assume not nearly as much as when I had my translab, but just curious :)

So do I get to receive one of the infamous BAHA kits? :)  Anything to make this more exciting :)

Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Got my Date!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »
Congratulations, Melissa! 

I'm pretty sure you qualify for a BAHA kit.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Got my Date!!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »
Melissa -

you definitely get an Official Jan & Lori (or is that Lori & Jan?) BAHA Recovery Kit.  I've been anxiously awaiting the next candidate so I can assemble another one  ;D

Phyl has asked for one, but since she doesn't officially qualify I'm still thinking about it.  I'll have to consult with my partner in crime, Lori.

Please PM me your mailing address.

As far as the hair goes, they don't shave much - at least my doc didn't.  It was much less than I thought he'd shave.

Did you put your big day on the AN Calendar?  This is definitely something to celebrate.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways