Author Topic: Funny things that we THINK we hear...  (Read 46596 times)

luvzmutt

Re: Funny things that we THINK we hear...
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2011, 11:35:09 am »
I'm loving this thread too!  I was looking for a thread to tell my story too!

Last night we went to dinner with my husband's family, his parents (my in-laws), his sister, brother-in-law and nephew.  I was not really looking forward to the dinner, don't really get along well with my sister-in-law.

I was sitting between my daughter and husband (he was sitting on my AN side).  I need to preface this by saying that I have lost some hearing on my right side, and my daughter make fun of me because I can't always hear everything correctly).  After dinner my husband leaned back in his chair and said quietly (or so I heard) "DINNER WITH SCHMUCKS".  I told him I agreed, though was surprised he said that.  He replied by whispering to me "Honey, I said I'M STUFFED!"
Right side AN diagnosed 7/10 - 6.1 mm x 7.8 mm
1st follow-up MRI 1/10/11 - 0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 cm
2nd follow-up MRI 7/11/11 - 1.0 x 0.7 x 0.6 cm
Follow-Up 12/20/11 - no noticeable change
MRI 11/26/12 - .5x1.0x.6 cm
MRI 10//21/13 - 0.8 x 1.0 x 0.7
Some hearing loss AN side and tinnitus
NF1 & optic glioma

Ancora Imparo Girl

• Ancora Imparo Girl
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:50 am »
I think it's funny how we all tend to hear things that our friends and family and people talking to us would probably never say.
I always hear something dirty and inappropriate. Or something to do with food. haha
Translab surgery, simultaneous BAHA sleeper insertion 5/4/11 (no complications) • BAHA Abutment insertion 8/10/11 (device activation 9/14 - hopefully) • I'm a 38-year-old, single mom, magazine editor, volunteer, friend, daughter, niece, grand-daughter and music lover.

jk327

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »
I was on the way with to meet with my ENT surgeon last year with my mother, grandmother, and aunt when someone's cell phone started going off.  It rang a few times and nobody made a move to get their phone, so finally I asked, "Isn't somebody going to answer their phone??"  Everyone kind of looked at me weird and my aunt said, "Um, Jamie, that's YOUR phone."  For some reason I still always keep my phone in my right pocket even though that's my deaf side.  Oh well.   :P
Right 19mm x 10mm x 9mm diagnosed 08/04/10
Craniotomy 12/15/10 
Tumor completely removed

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »
In my water aerobics class tonight the instructor was talking while we were splashing and she said "the body is coming out with choo choo's" some were laughing some were like "omg" and I am just splashing around thinking what does that mean? then I asked the woman next to me and she said" Barbie is coming out with tattoos".....ok I got it.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!