Author Topic: Tears in my left eye!!!  (Read 5623 times)

DeniseSmith

Tears in my left eye!!!
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:13:13 pm »
OMG,
I was at the Y today with one of my friends.  I was in the lockeroom changing my clothes, I walked over to the counter to get a kleenex for my runny nose, and I had a tear streaming down my face on my AN side!!!!!!  I am so excited this is the first time this has happened since my surgery 10 months ago.    I told my friend and she was excited, but this other woman in the lockeroom looked at me like I was a nutball.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just had to let someone know that understands how exciting it is.

Denise

Static

Re: Tears in my left eye!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:15:48 pm »
Congratulations!  Sometimes I get a bit of water in my eye, but never had a full stream tear, way to go!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 04:13:36 pm »
Denise,

Boy, it certainly sounds like a tear of joy!!!!!!!!  Good for you!!!! Great news! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:48:44 pm »
YEAH Denise!   

we know how big a deal it is and celebrate your tear!

Pembo

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 05:55:18 pm »
Woo-hoo!!!! I had tears for a few weeks last year...but alas they stopped. I can get them when I take a hot bath though.........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

minnkris

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 06:31:50 pm »
Hooray for the tears!!!
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005

RadiantStar

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:46:31 pm »
 ;DThree cheers for tears,,,,,hip hip hooray!!!!!!  You go girl. :D

thecakes

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 11:02:49 am »
  Good for you!  Tears of joy.

Jeanlea

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 11:35:39 pm »
Congratulations of your tear!  I totally understand how that can make you so excited.  You give me hope that I may one day again have a tear also.
Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

LBM

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »
congradulations Denise!
I had my large AN surgerically removed 10 months ago and still have no tears on my AN side. When I cry I feel like a freak only crying out of one side. You have given me hope that one day I will be able to cry with both eyes. Thank you
Lauren

Desilu

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 08:21:06 pm »
Denise,

I can totally relate to how you felt. I too had no tears out of my surgry eye. One day I was watching a show on T.V. and it was very emotional. I started to cry and all of a sudden I realized tears were streaming down both eyes! Then I really started to cry, I was so excited. It took 3 months after surgery for my eye to do that. I am so happy for you! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

DeniseSmith

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 08:00:31 am »
Thanks, everyone.

I was afraid it would be a fluke, but from time to time my eye is watering on its own.  I take it as a good sign, that finally SLOWLY, good things are starting to happen!!

Denise ::)

SKT

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 06:56:46 am »
Denise - I was so happy to read your post.  I can truly understand how exciting that would be for you.  It's not just that you teared, but the feeling that you are really recovering 100%.

I'm 2 years post op - still no tear - but i don't care, such a small price to pay.  However, no harm in hoping that one day.....