Author Topic: Symposium Arrivals into Chicago - dinner Thurs Aug 13  (Read 52861 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Symposium Arrivals into Chicago - dinner Thurs Aug 13
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:24 am »
Pizza Thurs night has been discussed in the Symposium thread.  If we can choose a place that offers other items than pizza (ie: pasta, etc), then, I'm game (can't eat pizza due to dietary issues... and no, not my diet, but medical reasons).

Jan, ideas for Italian that offers both (pizza and pasta)?  My flight is due in mid afternoon (barring flight delays), so I'm game.  Will start the list here (as I do with the NE Brunch list... please add to it as necessary).

time:  Thurs, Aug 13 (time, TBD)

List:

ppearl214/Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Symposium Arrivals into Chicago - dinner Thurs Aug 13
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:05 am »
Just an idea . . . I know that Chicago's Hard Rock Cafe is right down from the hotel where I am staying, and half a mile or so south of the Drake. My girls want to go there. I've never been, would it be too loud for a gathering? Is the menu varied?

If it's not a good idea for Thursday the girls and I can go another time. Just thought I would throw out the idea.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:58 am »
We went to the Chicago Hard Rock a very long time ago.       Was ok.     Any place is going to be noisy unfortunately.       We went to the Philly one 2 years ago and was really noisy.                          The Drake Hotel has a list of restaurants within walking distance that I read recently.     The Ginos was on there.   I was thinking of seeing if they had a website.             So don't know what will work out best.       I don't have time to check it now.                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:26:30 pm »
I am not FOR SURE yet what we are doing on Thursday night...PROBABLY get together but I haven't discussed it with Dave yet.  This is kind of our big trip to get away without the kids so he may want to go out to a really nice, romantic dinner for two!!  However, if we were to go with the group, Hard Rock would really not be my first choice...you've seen one, you've seen them all in my book and the food is not that great and very overpriced...just my opinion though!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:57:07 pm »
I did Google Ginos and of course found several but all seemed to have pasta and sandwiches besides the pizza.            I need to look at Drakes site to see what the address was of the one near them.              Kate B or Jan might know too.   
Could meet in lobby at a time if need be and decide from there.          I have no idea what is best there.
                                                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:49:04 pm »
Spoke to Captn Deb, who should be posting here soon...... she noted to me about possible Pirate Museum on that Thursday and that its free admission between 5p-9p? I need that confirmed... so, for those that sail the PBW (meaning ALL of you.....)... Pirate Museum and dinner... except, of course, Kaybo, who's making a romantic eve for 2 instead of 20! ;)   :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »
That would be fun. Kay and Dave should come. What could be more romantic than a pirate exhibit?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »
...Still working on flight details which I hope to firm tomorrow. If I get my choice "non-stop" flight I should arrive to the airport around 3:30 then time to unwind at the hotel (Portland OR to Chicago is a long one and I tend to have a little exhaustion and wonky head after flying long trips)

I would love to be with the group for supper... similar to Pearly Whites I have dietary issues (low salt, NO MSG,  and no tomatoes which basically nicks spaghettti and pizza for me)

So what is the attire for the evening- knitted hats and pirate socks?  ;)

Pearly girl- once I have flights confirmed I will send you a PM

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 05:49:47 am »
...Still working on flight details which I hope to firm tomorrow. If I get my choice "non-stop" flight I should arrive to the airport around 3:30 then time to unwind at the hotel (Portland OR to Chicago is a long one and I tend to have a little exhaustion and wonky head after flying long trips)

I would love to be with the group for supper... similar to Pearly Whites I have dietary issues (low salt, NO MSG,  and no tomatoes which basically nicks spaghettti and pizza for me)

So what is the attire for the evening- knitted hats and pirate socks?  ;)

Pearly girl- once I have flights confirmed I will send you a PM

DHM

Pirate gear a must... for all those that sail on the PBW (again, that means ALL of you!) :)  Will look for the PM, m'dear! Can't wait to FINALLY meet the dazy, hazy one!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Phyl

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:06:15 am »
Dang, but my plane gets in at 10:30 in the AM!!!!  Need to meet up with someone who wants to do Navy Pier, or the Pirate Exhibit at the Field Museum early.  I like the idea of doing it free at 5:00 Thurs and then dinner.     If I can't find someone to go to pirate exhibit on Thurs, I may cut out the Sun morning lecture if the museum's open.Will get there one way or another--really easy to find from the Drake--just a staight shot down Lakeshore Drive.

Capt Deb--washing out the wenchwear for Chi-town!!!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:24:22 am »
If it is FREE on Thursday evening, then that is when we will want to go...we can do dinner on Sunday night!!  Count us in to see the PIRATES...our plane arrives at 2:55 so we will be there as soon as we can get to the Drake after that!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 09:28:19 am »
If it is FREE on Thursday evening, then that is when we will want to go...we can do dinner on Sunday night!!  Count us in to see the PIRATES...our plane arrives at 2:55 so we will be there as soon as we can get to the Drake after that!!   ;D

K

now, just remember deary... you are landing at MIDWAY, NOT Ohare.... sheesh! :)  xoxooxoxoxox

do we start a dinner list or not for those interested?

Phyl
Kay/Dave?
Capt Deb?

Pirates and dinner? Thoughts? nothing? something? Bueller?

Just me.. being a pain... I'm good at it! :D

Kaybo

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 09:32:07 am »
Gee, thanks, Phyl!  I was going to write that we were flying in to MIDWAY but I didn't think everyone had to know about my dumb, blonde moment... ;D

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 09:34:10 am »
We will definitely need a good dinner after the pirates...we stick with pizza/pasta & then if anyone gets in later or doesn't want to do the museum, they could still join us for dinner...just a thought...

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 09:45:52 am »
Hopefully we will be  to Chicago for supper Thurs.         Cheryl/Mark                          Sun I have no clue about what we will be doing.               I have a feeling that we will not be doing much sightseeing but I am not giving up my vist either then or on Mon to Woodfield Mall and a LL Bean store.                         Some of this trip did not end up like I was hoping since will be gone the extra days before it.                                     Cheryl R                 
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08