Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 5879 times)

TxNurseNoelle

Re: Just checking in
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 09:03:42 am »
Went to see Neurosurgeon yesterday, he thinks it a bell's pallsy caused by a "delayed viral reaction" it attacked the nerves in my face and that is why the palsy resulted. I am on a Medrol dose pack and he also placed me on Famvir and well now we will see how long it takes for things to resolve. oh I did get some antiemetics in case the headaches start again at least I can stop the vomiting if i need to, I think I saw some slight improvement in the closing of the eye so I am hoping the steroids are doing the job. I got refresh for my eye it was sooo dry yesterday by the time I got home from seeing the docs it was red. oh well I am fastly realizing it is a two step forward one step back process in healing from this surgery. Oh and i mentioned I thought I felt a csf leak in my left nostril the an was on the right the neuro said it cant be csf? i thought i could leak from either side? anyway he gave me a tube to collect it if i felt enough to get a sample, anyone collect csf for testing? how do i store it till i can get it to lab? You guys are sooo great it feels sooo good to know I can type this and someone always comes along to answer my question..hugs and kisses to you all!have a good day

epodjn

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 03:13:29 pm »
You have to collect it? My neurosurgeon just asked me if it tasted very salty, when I said yes, he said, yup it's a leak. But that was before surgery and they patched me up just fine. Never had a problem after that.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 04:26:50 pm »
Thanks for the updates Capt. Deb - it makes me feel like I'm a part of the festivities ! !  Say 'hi' to everyone & have a GREAT time !
Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis