Author Topic: this week (7/13) in the fantabulous and fantastico world of AN  (Read 3052 times)

Keri

These adjectives are compliments of Joe Bloggs and NancyMc who were commenting on someone's recovery last week (I think Stoneaxe Bob's).
I think it's just swell and fatabulousfantastico that it's 2:30PM (not AM) and I'm doing this weekly update early! Must be because I'm on vacation in sunny Florida with nothing to do.

So, here's the week:
Monday, July 13: NancyMc has her 1st follow up MRI. I'm sure all will be well, but let us know! NancyMc just updated her spa day thread with the latest on her encouraging recovery.

Tuesday, July 14: Helga HLMSRD has surgery (not sure which) at Tuft's Medical Center. I hope all goes well, Helga, and the F3D or W3D pass quickly.

Wednesday, July 15: Cathy (dog lover) has an 11 month follow up MRI). I hope all is clear with your MRI.
also
Wednesday: Donnalynn is having a MRA so see what could be happening with some issues she's been having lately. Donnalynn, many of us will be thinking of you and praying for you and hope all is better very soon. Please keep us posted.

Thusday, July 16: "Hevre" is having CK at Beth Israel. Best wishes to you; I hope all goes smoothly.
also
Thursday: it's Gary and my 26th wedding anniversary! Glad we're together this year! (last year, on our 25th anniversary, I was heading to Wales; he was at home)

Friday: nothing on the calendar

Saturday, July 18th: Happy Birthday Wendy!! Hope you have a great day and weekend!

Here's some other items that I've found out about through reading on the forum (if I've missed anything, please add and let us know):
LADavid has updated about some of his hearing issues and balance issues and will be having some tests starting tomorrow. LADavid, we're all for you and sincerely hope that these issues can be resolved and you can see some good improvements.

TxNurseNoelle - is supposed to have surgery next week, but now they have discovered some cardio issues that may cause delay. Noelle, we hope and pray your surgery can be soon and the these cardio problems will also be resolved soon. Please let us know when you get your results.

Phyl shared on the weekly 7/6 update about her friend, Sharon, who's husband is awaiting brain surgery (had a few delays). It is non AN, and very serious. We hope that he has been able to have his surgery, or will be able to early this week.

Procedures from last week:
Jeepers - had translab last week but I don't think anyone is doing updates. If you know how she is, please post.
Rob also had surgery, but I don't know the latest on him either.
Beth (eab) updated about her GK on the radio thread under "so far, so good."

Stoneaxe Bob has hit the water (well, he's paddling again and hopefully not falling in the water) and will hopefully get official clearance from his doc to keep the training going on his paddleboard. Best to you, Bob, as you prepare for the Cape Cod challenge (a very worthy cause) which is coming up in August (15th? I believe)
Laura allegro17 is full swing in triathlon training. I believe her triathlon is August 30 or 31st.
Keri is supposed to be marathon training but is having a hard time getting motivated to do a 16 mile run in sunny and HOT Florida.

Best wishes and much support to those who are having procedures, tests, etc this week.

Have a good week everyone.
Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: this week (7/13) in the fantabulous and fantastico world of AN
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:10:31 pm »
Keri .....

Thanks again for the complete, great summary of concerns coming up, plus notes on past concerns.

Re:  Rob .... on July 10 Ley had this to say:  "I am pleased to report that Rob eventually had his surgery yesterday morning and the improvement in him is amazing.  It really is an answer to prayer.  We have got the old Rob back again."

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 03:04:55 pm »
Keri ~

Thanks, as always, for the weekly update.  Busy week! 

There are so many different events happening that I'll simply offer my wishes and prayers for good results for all, be it for surgery, MRI scans or something else.  Happy Birthday to Wendy and of course, a very happy 26th wedding anniversary to you and Gary.  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:08:56 pm »
Thanks Keri for the fantabulous and fantastico job you have done with this weeks update.

We’re wishing Nancy and Cathy well with clear MRI’s this week.

Helga and Herve, we will be keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers for successful outcomes and quick recoveries.

We hope Donnalynn and LADavid find answers quickly and feel better soon.

Noelle, we are sorry to hear of the cardio problems. We hope all is resolved soon, and we’ll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Phyl, we’re hoping your friend’s husband is okay. We’ll be saying prayers for him and all who have recently had or are going to have procedures this week.

Happy Birthday to Wendy!!

And a Happy Anniversary Keri and Gary!! (Richie and I celebrated our 26th anniversary in January of this year)

Bob, Laura and Keri… you inspire us all! The only marathon I will ever run/paddle, is in my dreams!!

Scarlett & Richie
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:23:01 pm »
Nice work, Keri.

Nancy, I can't believe it has been 3 months. Seems like just last week you were bouncing off the walls. Thou shalt have a clear MRI.

Helga, best wishes for your surgery and recovery. May it be smooth as silk.

Cathy, have a clean MRI, Donnalynn get to the bottom of it with your MRA.

Hevre, best wishes for your CK treatment. Anyone remember fractionated margaritas?

Keri and Gary, happy anniversary, and many more.

Friday, enjoy the day off. :)

Wendy, happy birthday. David, good luck with your balance experiment. Noelle, I hope your situation gets cleared up soon.

To our AN Olympians Bob, Laura, and Keri, good luck with your training and keep your eye on the prize.

And continued good wishes to all who are in the midst of recovery.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:09:26 am »
Keri,

FAB job! Truly! I don't think any stone was left unturned after that synopsis! Great job!

Ok, update on Sheryl's husband....   he came through the surgery fairly unscathed and was discharged yesterday to an inpatient rehab on Cape Cod. Obviously, things continue to linger but it's 15 mins from their home on Cape Cod, so Sheryl is now back to sleeping in her own bed (which she needs.........) although her dear spouse wanted her to get a bed next to his in the rehab.  The thoughts and prayers have been working and ask that you all continue to send them... thank you SO much for helping the cause.

For those having treatments this week (I believe Helga is having GK at Tufts), major wellness wishes to you all... I'm thinking of you,......
For those having follow ups... continued wellness wishes.
For those having wedding anniversary's this week ;)...... MAJOR CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burpday wishes to all those getting 1 year younger! :D

I hate to interrupt, but another major surgery for a loved one today.  My extremely dear friend, Lisa.... well, she likes to (unfortunately) copy me in illness issues.  Based on having knowledge of my Chiari diagnosis... she has had major issues and sure enough, just got the CM1 diagnosis. Due to her being out of work on short term disability and having health insurance in place now... today... she is having CM1 decompression surgery at Stanford University in N. Cal.  I helped her to find a terrific CM1 doc there and she is scheduled to arrive at Stanford in the next hour.  I spoke to her yesterday and she is mentally preparing herself for this.  Coming out of the surgery can be exceptionally painful (she noted to me about giving birth to an almost 9 lbs baby, so she's trying to do a correlation to it).  My heart is sinking for her, knowing she is now going to endure this.....  I am on the "short list" for the post-surgical phone call from her family and any/all wishes and prayers are appreciated.  I know its not AN but it is still major head surgery and if you could keep her in your thoughts/prayers.... I know she would appreciate it. She was the one (for those of you that have been here for a while) who flew into Boston during my CK treatments and came with me to BI for my CK.... so.....

Try to have a great week, all! :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »
Phyl ~

I hope this doesn't qualify as a thread hijack but I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your real concern for your friends; Sheryl's husband, who seems to be coming along, and now, your friend, Lisa, who is undergoing CM1 decompression surgery momentarily.  I admire your approach to friendships - the way you freely offer your unequivocal support and understanding when called for, as it is now, with Lisa.  She'll be thought of and certainly prayed for, by me and many others.  That counts.  Thanks for the alert to a real need.  We'll be watching for the updates, as you have them.

Jim
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:00:09 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:35:34 am »
Jim... truly.... thank you!  :-*

Lisa's sister phoned me late afternoon to let me know that Lisa was being moved to Recovery, then to ICU.  The doctors are noting that there were "no surprises" but will phone Lisa's sister today to see how Lisa did overnight and her pain levels.  Thank you for the prayers and wishes.... No update today on Sheryl's husband....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:04 am »
Sorry I'm a couple of days late in getting to this thread -- a busy week.

Thanks Keri for the wonderful update and birthday wishes.  ;D   Happy 26th Anniversary to you and Gary on Thursday!

Cathy and Nancy I hope your MRIs are clear!  Please keep us posted.

Donnalynn, I read your post in AN issues.  Glad to hear the MRA went smoothly. I hope you get only good news.

Hevre -Good luck with your CK treatment.  I hope it goes smoothly.

Phyl -- Glad to hear Sheryl's husband got through his surgery okay and things are looking good so far.  Also glad to hear that your friend Lisa is doing well.  They are both in my prayers.

Thanks to Scarlett L& Richey, Steve, Jim and Phyl for  you birthday wishes -- and Phyl I thought I'd make you laugh.  My daughters are making me younger every year -- I'm 38 this year!!

Thanks to all for your good birthday wishes. 
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!