Author Topic: Going with Novalis  (Read 2947 times)

jwick

Going with Novalis
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:57:43 pm »
Hello,

I have decided to go with the Novalis treatment at the UNMC in Omaha, NE.  28 treatments overall.  Wanting to save my hearing as I have no hearing loss was the biggest factor for me.  I do worry about the long term effects as I am only 33.  Lincoln, NE is having their first support group meeting on July 25, and I plan on attending.  I will keep posting through my treatments.  Thank you all for the support.  It has really been useful in reaching my decision. 

Jeff
5 mm Right AN

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Going with Novalis
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:40 am »
Hi Jeff.... congrats on making your decision! Monkey off your back once the decision is made, eh? :)  Please keep us updated and let us know how the support group meeting goes.  I attend the local ones here in Boston and it honestly is terrific to meet AN'ers face to face to get a good picture of what this journey is like. 

Congrats again!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Vivian B.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:44:45 am »
Hi Jeff,

Congratulations on making a decision. Good luck.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:34:26 am »
Jeff,

Good lick with your treatment. I have heard good things about the Novalis.

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:32:08 pm »
Jeff ~

Reaching a treatment decision is always arduous but now that you have, let me offer you my congratulations and wishes for complete success.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.