Author Topic: CYBERKNIFE INFO  (Read 3294 times)

PRETZELBELLE

CYBERKNIFE INFO
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:37:37 am »
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum.  I am not sure what medical condition this forum is about because I have not researched it, but I just decided to write.  A medical condition is a medical condition, and we all need each other's prayers and support.  You all will be in our prayers!

My Auntie has advanced ovarian cancer.  She has been fighting it for almost two years.  I am looking for options because the last chemo is not working.  I need prayers from all of you and your family, friends, anyone!  Please tell them to pass the word to their family, friends, and anyone to pray too!  Thank you for the prayers and support!

I have some CyberKnife info that may be helpful to anyone.  I am taking my Auntie, since I just found out about it and looks promising.  Ask me if you need information on CyberKnife and I will try to find it.  Best of luck and God bless! 

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT WERE LOOKING FOR CYBERKNIFE IN HOUSTON:

St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Contact Dr. Steven Carpenter (Radiologist/Oncologist in Houston, Tx.  (only CyberKnife in Houston)
http://www.sleh.com/sleh/Section004/index.cfm?pagename=Cyberknife     

CyberKnife (cancerous or non-cancerous tumors) Contact Dr. Steven Carpenter (Radiologist/ Oncologist in Houston, Tx.)
http://www.texmedctr.tmc.edu/root/en/TMCServices/News/2009/09-15/CyberKnife+Removes+Tumors+Without+Surgery.htm

Hugs,
BELLE  = )

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: CYBERKNIFE INFO
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:54:05 am »
Hi Belle and welcome.

This site is for Acoustic Neuroma (benign brain tumor) patients..... and many of us (myself included) have had Cyberknife for our AN's.

Cyberknife has a terrific online discussion forum (like this one) that has doctors volunteering their time to answer questions about CK for all kinds of ailments:

www.cyberknife.com

If you do a post there in the "Other" forum/section, Dr. Medbury, Dr Spunberg or others will be able to help answer specifics for you.  (you can tell them the ANA forum suggested you ask them directly).

I'm sorry to hear about your auntie. I send healing huggles and wishes for her wellness.

Please try the Cyberknife forum. I truly believe they will be able to answer directly-related questions for you.

Wishes and prayers for auntie.  Please hang in there... she is very lucky to have you doing research for her.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

PRETZELBELLE

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:51:44 am »
Hi everyone!

After reading some of the posts, I saw a common question of wanting to know where CyberKnife locations are so I found the link to find all the United States locations.  I hope this helps!  If you need any other information, please ask me.

http://www.cyberknife.com/CyberKnifeLocations.aspx

Hugs,
BELLE  = )

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:50:56 am »
Hi Belle,

Welcome to the forum.

The cyberknife patient forum is located at:  http://www.cyberknife.com/ForumLanding.aspx.

I removed the post about cyberkifesupport.org, that site is just advertising links to other web sites. I also moved the post about cyberknife locations to this topic.

As a cyberknife patient myself, I offer my support to your aunt and wish her all the best.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:35:07 pm »
Hi Belle,

Thank you for all the good information you have provided. My prayers are with your aunt. I wish her a successful treatment and a speedy recovery.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.