Author Topic: Good news W+W  (Read 5095 times)

Mickey

Good news W+W
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:37:19 am »
Hi there! You know me from alot of posts here W+Wing. My wife also was W+W on a large size tumor in her abdomin area diognosed about 6mos. after me. I decided to do all I could in research on what we could do naturally to help aid in maybe slowing down or even stopping growth. I accumulated every bit of alternate treatments to put in a healthy lifestyle. Since Christmas day 2008 we really got in motion. Well hereis our first piece of good news! After 2 other MRI`s showing growth this last one a couple of days ago showed a significant reduction. WOW! Now I`m thinking that maybe we got something here. Well anyhow my yearly MRI is next month. I`m wshfully thinking and hoping my AN will at least remain stable. If this is the case I will definately put down exactly what we are taking and doing. Lets see what happens! Happy 4th of July, Best wishes, Mickey

Vivian B.

Re: Good news W+W
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:17:58 am »
Hi Mickey,

So glad to hear about your wife and good luck on your MRI results. Keep us posted. Happy 4th of July.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 02:40:13 pm »
Mickey ~

Congratulations!  Your wife's MRI results are, indeed, good news.  I hope that you'll have similar news from your upcoming MRI scan and be able to share your 'secrets' with us. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 06:11:57 pm »
When I found out the results of my wifes MRI I got excited. I wasn`t going to really say anything untill I got my own results. I don`t want it to be a secret but it dosen`t pay to say whats being done especially in the case of an AN if I don`t get good results. Just hoping for something positive for all of us with another way to deal with this. God Bless, Mickey

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
Hey Mickey,

Wonderful news about your wife and I really hope you join the club of "stable" with no growth club! I am a member this time too after 2 years! Good-luck, and I'll share what I have been doing if you share what you have been doing to get the desired results!! hahahahahaha!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 06:17:24 am »
Hey Mickey,

Glad to read the good news and here's hoping yours goes well too.

Hope to see you at the NYC lunch on 7/11.

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

Derek

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 09:35:36 am »
Hi Mickey...

Great news re your missus...hoping your forthcoming MRI scan produces the same result.

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:11:53 pm »
Mickey,

It was great to see both of you last week and to hear the great news about your wife.  She really looks great and I hope the good news just continues to get better and better for both of you.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!