Author Topic: permanent? dizziness--anyone out there?  (Read 24469 times)

nannettesea

Re: permanent? dizziness--anyone out there?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 10:21:21 am »
Static,
I know what you mean.  I don't know if my concentration will ever be like it was.  I went back to work too soon, so much anxiety and fatigue--have applied for disability, but don't know what will happen.  There's no way I could work full time right now.

I hope your boss cuts you some slack.  I'm sure you don't want to bring too much attention to yourself, risk your job, etc.  That's so scary.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

nannettesea

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 10:23:05 am »
Sandy,
I loved that statement of An=fatigue, etc.  I am tired all the time.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Battyp

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 08:42:36 pm »
does that tired all the time feeling ever get better?  I want to sleep all day then can't sleep at night and the littlest activity wears me out! 

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2006, 08:50:59 pm »
Yes, Batty, believe me it DOES get better.

The recovery from this particular sugery IMO is one of the most horrendous of all recoveries!  Losing that balance nerve and the adjustments, both physical and cognitive, are beyond most folks comprehension.  I truly is like waking up with a new body.  After three years my head just feels weird all the time, but it really does get better--usually in big chuncks.
I still have days of NO energy and I have learned just to give in to them and not beat myself up for not "doing better."  Sometimes I think it might be easier losing a leg or something!

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

matti

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2006, 12:51:52 am »
I am almost 8 years out and I'm still tired. Leaned to pace myself, do too many things and I get frazzled. Multi-tasking takes a little bit longer these days, but it gets done. I love to cook and entertain, since AN, I know that I have to start a little earilier and keep telling myself, it's OK to ask for help.  I am a type A personality and somewhat of a control freak, bugs me that I can't get hold of this.

Always wonder if this was God's way of telling me to slow down. I got the message....

Sorry my post sounds so depressing, it's just been one of those days.  :(

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2006, 04:38:56 am »
Fatigue is still a great big biggie for me and it's been over 15 years. Before I had children I had the luxury of sleeping as I needed (except for work hours) and since having my children most days I feel like I'm just dragging myself along. I have had period of this not being as bad as all that. There has never been any other reason for this fatigue found on medical check up's. My parents appear to be more energetic than me! Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Battyp

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2006, 08:18:11 am »
Matti we are so insync it isn't funny!

are all virgos control freaks?  No I think it's more a perfection thing..no one can do it as good as I can  lol ;D

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2006, 08:56:20 am »
Actually, that's one of the "virtures" of Virgos....that we are "perfectionists".   Having to have lab partners in school was very hard for me.  I'm definitely hearing the loud voice of someone screaming at me to slow down and take care of myself.  I didn't listen before, but it's got my attention now.  I read these threads from those of you that are post op and really wonder where my life is going to go.  It obviously isn't going to be the same even if I am lucky enough to squeak by with minimal side effects.   And until you have the surgery you just really don't know what you're going to get, and how in the heck is a Virgo perfectionist supposed to deal with that?
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2006, 10:06:59 am »
gennysmom I'm still trying to figure that one out  :-*

I hate asking for help, I hate accpeting help, but right now I so need help it isn't funny!  When I try to do things I used to do with no problem I pay for it for days.

You'll def. have a new normal to get used to...I'm praying it won't be a problem for you!

matti

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2006, 10:44:09 am »
what is it about us Virgo's and asking for help????  I also hate it when I have to work with someone and if at all possible find things that allow my to work alone. My poor husband can't do anything right or at least not to a Virgo's standards. I'd like to walk into a room and not pick out every little flaw I see and then want to go and fix it.

Gennysmom - good luck tomorrow at your doctors appointment. (I think you said it was this Monday) Sending good and perfect Virgo thoughts your way!

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2006, 12:36:07 pm »
Forrest Gump was RIGHT, you sure never know what you're gonna git!

It's not just Virgos who are perfectionists, either--or control freaks! I have learned thru this experience to just take each day as it comes and be grateful for small miracles--like having a pain-free day!

The apprehension I felt between diagnosis and treatment was almost worse that what I experienced post-op, that is until the migraines kicked in.  But they kicked back out again and TODAY I don't have a headache, or dizziness, and most days I feel pretty damn normal except for a weird feeling in my head that I'm getting used too.  Remember, Gennysmom, that just a small percentage of us get headaches.

Rock on wenches!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

DeniseSmith

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 07:26:56 am »
Funny, I don't think your zodiac sign has anything to do with being a perfectionist.

I have been reading People Smart (a book) and your personality traits determine if you are a perfectionist. Don't Blame it on the Stars! Ha ha!!

D

Kilroy1976

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 08:02:42 am »
And it's funny how the dates in the newspaper tell me I'm an Aries even though the sun was in Pisces when I was born.

So am I: Adventurous and energetic; pioneering and courageous; enthusiastic and confident; dynamic and quick-witted; selfish and quick-tempered; impulsive and impatient; foolhardy and daredevil?

Or am I: Imaginative and sensitive; compassionate and kind; selfless and unworldly; intuitive and sympathetic; escapist and idealistic; secretive and vague; weak-willed and easily led?

Or am I a perfectionist? :P
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

DeniseSmith

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 10:58:57 am »
Kilroy,
The world may never know,
 like with tootsie pops and how many licks it takes to get to the center.

D.

at least you have some options.....
according to the book my personality is only dominant in 5% of the population, and i don't think its in a good way....

D

Static

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 04:21:53 pm »
I don't know about just virgos being perfectionists because one daughter is a libra and the other a scorpio, they are both perfectionists and I am told they get it from me (I'm a scorpio also).   I think it's just your chemistry and how you were brought up and things in the stars, as much as we are all looking for something,  somewhere, to give us answers, are a coincidence.  I read my horoscope whenever I see them so I'm guilty as well.  Stayed home from work today to get over the after effects of all the noise at the concert last night and have had a migraine all day (also a toothache, going on Thurs for that).  The concert was worth it though.  The headaches will go away eventually but that memory will last for quite some time!  This weather is horrible, March  sucks.  We need some warmth already.  I think the dry air from the heat running all the time isn't helping my headaches either, my head is so dry and my nose bleeds because it is so dry.  Ok, so what was my point........oh well, hope everyone is  having a great day!   :P
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right