Author Topic: Surgery Eve  (Read 6254 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Surgery Eve
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 06:00:56 pm »
P.S. to everyone else:  Laura and I have become close AN friends because we share the same doctors and the same facility, Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix. I'll follow her translab with my own in a few weeks! Laura will be such a big help to me as I prepare for mine! Thank you Laura!

Brenda -

I just love hearing forum stories like this one.  It's one thing to connect on the forum, but the ability to be physically there for another AN patient is just so incredible to me.  It always reminds me for the great group in LA (David, Nancy, Lainie, - did I forget anyone?) who take the time to meet newbies who are having surgery at House.

I hope this is just the beginning of a great friendship full of love and support for you and Laura.

Wishing you both the best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

NL

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35:53 pm »
Laura,

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and looking forward to the updates from Barbara.

I'm glad you've got Brenda close by, too. There's something very special about AN friendships. (I saw my AN friends today - they're the best.)

Sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way,

Nancy L

P.S. - Thanks, Jan. :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:39:46 pm by NL »
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Keri

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:48:16 pm »
Laura,
I agree, that's great about your doctor praying for you. I'll be praying for you too! I know the prayers of my friends / family of my church sustained me throughout the whole waiting for diagnosis, decision process, waiting for surgery, surgery, recovery, etc. We look forward to hearing from you as a postie. And seeing fashionable pics with your head dress and fancy AN scarf!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

LADavid

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 10:57:56 pm »
As a Christian, I am in awe of surgeons who pray with their patients.  You, as a team, have truly put everything in God's hands.  Bless you, Laura.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 07:09:49 am »
Laura~
Saying a prayer for you and for all of those waiting thru-out day for your surgery - May it be a swift and thorough as possible and may they all feel PEACE as you are in surgery...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!